We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Director of Benefits, designs, communicates, and manages the U.S. employee benefit programs including leading a small team of professionals within the organization.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Design, administer, communicate and manage health & group insurance plans, retirement & pension, including 401(k) plan, and other employer-sponsored benefit plans and perks.
- Manager Leave of Absence administration
- Advises, consults and serves as a member of the management team in the development and execution of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad corporate goals, acquisitions, strategic planning and growth objectives.
- Serves as the Benefits lead for the Total Rewards team in HR.
- Evaluates and analyzes the results of the programs and services regularly and systematically; reports these results to the VP, Total Rewards and key leadership in addition to other management reporting such as benefit loss and claims control, sales, budgets, division P&L, special projects, etc.
- Reviews and analyzes the benefits market to determine employee needs, trends, regulations and practices, and develops competitive programs and services to meet company goals.
- Establishes and maintains long-term networking relationships and centers of influence both internally and externally through active involvement and participation in business, social, community and political arenas, boards or activities.
- Prepares and monitors department budget.
- Responsible for plan compliance, filings, reporting and other government agency requirements.
- Plans and directs the implementation and administration of benefits programs designed to ensure employees against loss of income due to illness, injury or retirement.
- Directs preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits programs
- Plans the modification of existing benefits programs.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Knowledge of Workday benefits and payroll.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee benefits.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in employee benefits or similar HR role
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business or related field.
- Two to Three years of related experience in an HR leadership role.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credentials.
- CEBS or CBP certification preferred.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.