Associate Director, Digital Marketing
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Group is looking for a Associate Director of Digital Marketing to serve as a member of the Island Records Label to oversee and direct aspects of day-to-day digital management. Responsible for creating and executing digital marketing and promotional plans across all areas of online including portals and distribution partners, artist websites, social media, new technology, CRM, SEM/SEO, third party lifestyle, and e-commerce. Responsible for nurturing and leveraging relationships with the artists and their management teams. Required to set goals and manage campaigns in an effort to optimize reach and revenue. Responsible for managing and interpreting departmental reports and partner data.
- Develop digital marketing timelines & campaign strategies to successfully grow music streams, downloads, video views, social media engagement, and an overall digital creative vision for superstar, established and emerging artists on Island and its associated labels
- Construct & maintain engaged fan communities and build email marketing lists, while measuring results effectively & identifying points that need improvement or adjustment
- Provide ideas & strategy for online contesting & sweepstakes, partnerships with social media organizations, and new online content that is optimized for all distribution networks & delivers on identified goals
- Assist with the creation, build, and editing of online properties where applicable (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, official website and other sites appropriate to artists and label)
- Work with in-house & third-party content creators to conceptualize & complete lyric videos, portraits & live photos, 3D animations, snackable content for social media, etc. (while identifying new creators on an on-going basis)
- Manage larger initiatives coming out of key marketing and distribution partners, and work with Commerce team to ensure execution
- Conceive, budget, and effectively execute digital paid media campaigns with Project Manager and Media Planners/Buyers
- Prepare & analyze marketing summaries across all online properties, to Project Manager and others as needed; ensure audience development and growth with measurable positive online engagement
- Direct and manage relations with independent marketing companies, where applicable
- Compile editorial calendars for content management purposes across online properties
- Passionate, kind, and extremely creative. You are an organized critical thinker who works well under pressure, on short deadlines, and across multiple active artist campaigns.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Full understanding of urban music landscape, with connections and proven track record for working with artists in all stages of their career.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, photo editing, basic HTML, and CRM tactics a plus. Desire to learn and always grow is an even greater plus.
- Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at digital platforms
- Advanced level of artist relations and/or third-party distribution experience in a consumer-focused environment
- 3-5 years’ experience in digital marketing
- Experience strategizing and executing digital marketing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you've worked on).
- Strong existing relationships with online partners, especially partners such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Giphy, Tenor, Shazam, Musical.ly, Tumblr, etc.
- Strong experience and knowledge in digital paid media strategy, planning, execution and analysis.
- Experience in creating engaging and impactful visual content across multiple formats and distribution channels.
- Experience securing online coverage and features with key platforms.
- Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, build a fan base, etc.
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies
- Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding
- Experience with influencer marketing strategy
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
- Experience in Urban Marketing preferred
- Bachelor Degree Preferred or equivalent experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.