Vice President, Visual Content
HOW WE LEAD:
The Republic Records Visual Content Department oversees the creation of music videos and visual content for the label and it's partners, from inception to completion.
Vice President, Visual Content - Job Description: The VP of Visual Content will be responsible for commissioning music videos and various content for artists across the label.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Solicit treatments for music videos and content
- Handle video budgets and video delivery
- Work with label executives, label staff, managers, artists and production teams to create visual content
- Create solicitation lists and treatments for review by artists, management, and label team
- Oversee video approvals from legal and network review
- Integrate product placement/brand partnerships
- Instruct the video team on all matters relating to content and video production
- Deliver successful and meaningful content at any budget and production level
- Successfully manage the visual content team at Republic Records
Bring your VIBE:
- Travel and attend shoots as necessary
- Ability to manage numerous projects in different stages simultaneously
- Extensive network of production resources
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of budgets and ability to examine
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity to maintain composure in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work with all music genres and lyrical content
- Dedicated team player
- Expert knowledge of the pre-production, on-set, and post-production process
- Experience managing timelines, teams and budgets in order to deliver outstanding content at all levels
- Extensive experience with fast-paced work environments and long hours
- Resume and portfolio that demonstrates expertise in content creation and execution across many levels
- Broad network of partners in all areas of production, must include reps, producers, directors, editors, etc.
- Proven negotiation skills in dealing with business partners, creative partners and internal teams
- High attention to detail with regard to aesthetics, as well as production planning
- Creating and maintaining professional internal and external relationships
• A minimum of 8 - 10 years’ experience in music video, film and/or digital media
• A passion for a career in music, music video and visual content
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.