TV Promotions Executive (Maternity Cover)
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
The Promotions Executive is responsible for leading, coordinating, and supporting TV promotional opportunities for Decca artists and label. They work closely with the Head of TV and alongside the radio and press teams.
You must be able to run consistent TV promotion strategies, manage promo schedules, artists diaries and must discover and execute new broadcast opportunities. This role must effectively interface with all areas within the media team as well as marketing, finance, digital and streaming departments. This role must be flexible and capable of independently supporting a variety of projects but also needs to be able to work efficiently within a team.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Working in conjunction with the Head of TV, formulating TV strategies and plans for all artists and label
- Plugging and negotiating to secure performances, interviews and general promotions for Decca artists
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with tv personnel at all levels
- Liaising and maintaining a strong relationship with artists, management and associated teams
- To constantly liaise with the Head of TV on all ideas, feedback, activity, results etc.
- Attending internal and external meetings and updating the label or external partners on up to date tv strategies
- Managing tv budgets alongside the head of tv
- Responsible for inviting media/guests to concerts, gigs, showcases and events and ensuring they are looked after
- Organising all stages of promotion from booking, scheduling and covering in a logical and efficient fashion
- Managing Vevo video submissions for Decca artists
- General ad-hoc duties as required by head of TV
- Generating original, exciting and visual ideas beneficial to both artist and show
- Previous label or agency experience in TV promotions
- Tenacious, self-motivated and driven to achieve
- Well organised and calm under pressure
- Willing to work unsociable hours due to the nature of the job. This may include covering TVs out of ours /weekends
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.