Senior Manager, International eCommerce
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, Billie Eilish, Selena Gomez, DaBaby, and many more. Since 1991, IGA’s artists have consistently redefined the sound of popular music across genres and continue to shape the landscape of culture at large. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
We are seeking a focused and driven individual to join the UMG eCommerce team as an International eCommerce Manager partnering IGA. In this role, you’ll lead coordination between our eCommerce team and global territories to execute innovative global eCommerce campaigns for our artists. Working closely with IGA’s eCommerce team lead, you’ll collaborate with stakeholders across label and eCommerce teams, both domestically and abroad, to oversee global rollouts that deliver amazing experiences to both the fans and our artists.
How you’ll CREATE:
Coordinate and project manage campaign activity with international markets across strategy, creative, operational, marketing and customer engagement to drive artist and label eCommerce goals.
- Act as international eCommerce lead for the IGA eCommerce teams, maintaining a deep understanding of international territory requirements, local chart rules, and key market trends.
- Work collaboratively with the IGA team, merchandise rights holders, and international markets to activate eCommerce campaigns using data and insight to help determine which markets should participate in those campaigns.
- Ensure an international focus is properly maintained in US eCommerce release planning and pre-planning with IGA and merchandise rights holders.
- Be the US ‘project lead’ for approval and management of international store launch checklists, and final ‘go live’ approvals. Will include being available as a resource for markets in non-European time zones, if required for a given campaign.
- Manage projects with the international teams to ensure local participation in market-specific strategy and content in support of and in alignment with global campaigns.
- Ensure internationally-led campaigns for IGA artists are supported through localized US stores and executed according to plan, in alignment with the repertoire owner.
- Drive implementation and adherence to timelines, templates and best practice in order to ensure successful international launches.
- Coordinate global eCommerce store launch linking/redirects; ensuring great UX and that marketing and digital strategies adequately drive traffic and awareness to international stores.
- Work with appropriate partners to ensure product pricing and campaign P&L’s are created and approved for international releases prior to launch.
- Work with the insights and advanced analytics teams to leverage historic and audience data to inform participation and market-specific strategy.
- Use data analytics to optimize campaign performance against commercial and audience development goals on an ongoing basis.
- Provide IGA with real-time insights and reporting on ex-US eCommerce performance for priority campaigns.
- Coordinate post campaign analysis and ‘wrap-up’ against IGA and eCommerce KPIs.
- Research and formulate ways to optimize the user experience (landing pages, customer journeys, streamlined purchase funnel, etc).
- Work hand in hand with teammates across artist engagement, creative & campaign planning, store management, operations & customer service to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and artists.
Bring your VIBE:
- 3-4+ years’ experience managing global music campaigns.
- 1-2+ years managing international programs or working directly with international markets.
- Knowledge of global physical music production is strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of global consumer behavior trends, with knowledge and appreciation for differences across world regions and key music markets.
- Solid understanding or strong interest in global eCommerce trends, specifically best practices as they apply to the fan to artist relationship and variances between key markets.
- Deep understanding of music fandom and the fan to artist connection.
- Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
- Exceptional verbal and written abilities — communication skills are essential (both internally and externally).
- Availability and willingness to take calls before and after hours to accommodate international teams.
- Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail; must be extremely detail oriented.
- Self-starter attitude capable of owning important responsibilities and seeing them through to completion with little oversight.
- Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS.
- Strong passion for the music industry required. Experience in the music industry, particularly within a label, is a major plus.
- Experience with Shopify is a plus.
- Experience using Monday.com is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.