We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Manager, Streaming will support the Director of Streaming / Chief Revenue Officer by managing day-to-day operations with streaming partners including Spotify, Amazon, Apple Music, Pandora and more.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Support the Director of Streaming in executing strategic streaming plans in conjunction with Artist Marketing Managers for the set-up, release and overall lifecycle of artists, tracks, albums and projects.
- Communicate upcoming releases and marketing information to streaming partners
- Select and pitch artists for promotional campaigns at streaming accounts
- Monitor and report playlist adds for priority tracks
- Engage with all partners in meetings and pitch new music for retail placement and marketing campaigns
- Build and maintain deep relationships externally with streaming partner accounts across all functions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal digital teams across UMG
- Contribute to recaps of marketing activity for Streaming campaigns
- Work with Director of Analytics to analyze consumption and performance of projects
- Build and maintain label-owned playlists
Bring your VIBE:
- Preferred 2-5 years’ work experience within the music/technology/media industry
- Understanding of Streaming platforms including: Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, SoundCloud, Deezer, Pandora, etc.
- Knowledge of Jazz and Classical Music Preferred
- Finger on the pulse of culture, digital, music and marketing
- Strong communicator, negotiator and presenter
- Organizational, time management and prioritization skills; attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through; strives to deliver exceptional results; deadline-driven
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills, appetite for learning, problem solving and adaptability
- High degree of comfort in senior executive settings
- Very strong relationship management skills
- Self-confident whilst being able to demonstrate humility. Respect for others and the desire to work in a highly collaborative, but sometimes challenging environment
- Strong analytical, research, and project management skills
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple projects, must have strong project management, organizational, time management, problem solving, organizational development and analytical skills
- Proactive approach to work, constantly seeking improvement in all areas
- Occasional work travel required
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.