Publishing Administration Associate
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers, and community service.
How we LEAD:
The Publishing Administration Associate is responsible for supporting copyright and royalty needs for Capitol CMG Publishing’s songs.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Manage the process of registering released songs with the U.S. Copyright Office and filing urgent Copyright Office requests as needed.
- Process bill backs to administered clients for Copyright Office registrations.
- Compile and submit Live Performance Set-Lists and Cue Sheets quarterly to the Performing Rights Organizations.
- Work with Digital Rights team to research, identify, and setup medley songs that are not found in P.R.S. to ensure all claims are made and royalties processed.
- Assist with drafting and communicating derivative, sample and medley use requests.
- Work with accounting staff to obtain royalty statements from sources where none are provided to ensure all royalties are processed, and update sources accordingly if royalties need to be returned.
- Prepare and issue invoices to external clients as needed.
- Review translation requests and organize database of approved or official translations.
- Answer copyright inquiries as they pertain to external registrations of our catalog.
- Obtain and provide CCLI#s to the marketing and Church Resources team before releases are featured on our Worship Together and Brentwood Benson websites.
- Provide general support and backup customer service on an as needed basis for Publishing Administration staff through catalog changes, acquisitions, new client integration and additional research projects.
- Claim Capitol CMG’s copyrights in all settlements and available portals.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key individuals and organizations affecting copyright, income tracking and licensing administration.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bring your VIBE:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of copyright administration and registration
- Extremely detail-oriented is a must
- Highly organized and able to track large volumes of data with accuracy and efficiency
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with diplomacy
- Familiarity with the Christian music industry
- General knowledge of music publishing and/or intellectual properties
- Bachelor degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish