Senior Internal Auditor, Internal Audit Americas
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How you’ll LEAD:
The Universal Music Group Internal Audit department is a recently created team which will be comprised of 8 in-house professionals located at 2 different UMG sites: Hilversum, Netherlands and Santa Monica, California and is assisted by co-sourced internal audit staff from a Big 4 firm. The department reports to the Group Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for independently assessing operational processes and the quality of internal control at each level in the organization and within all Group companies. The team also actively participates in a variety of ad-hoc special projects and provides advice and consultative services with business owners and key management leaders on an as needed basis. In their role, team members acquire a strong knowledge of the group, its activities and operations which place them in a strong position to evolve into internal finance and risk management positions in the future.How you’ll CREATE:
- Participate in the planning and scoping of internal audit assignments
- Develop and enhance work programs related to the evaluation of entity and process-level controls
- Develop process narratives and related controls documentation
- Develop, optimize, execute and document test plans to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Work efficiently and effectively and deliver high quality audit workpapers and audit recommendations.
- Draft Internal Audit reports and presentations
- Follow-up on identified Internal Audit findings
- Assist with investigations that involve policy violations and fraud
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Contribute to the enhancement of Internal Audit methodologies and tools
- Participate in ad-hoc operational and financial projects requested by management
- A minimum of 3 years of audit experience in a Big 4 firm, ideally with experience in the Technology, Media, Telecommunications (TMT) sector and notably the music business
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- CPA or CIA certification preferred
- Good organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills, with experience in Data Analytics.
- Knowledge of Entity level, process, IT General and application controls
- Critical thinking skills and ability to learn and understand complex processes
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to interact with various levels within the organization
- Ability to build rapport and trust with key stakeholders
- Team player with an ability to listen and adapt
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite to intermediate (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Visio
- Experience with SAP ERP, BPC and HFM is a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work autonomously in a remote/hybrid environment
- Multilingual: English and Spanish/Portuguese desirable
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.