Senior Accountant, Royalties
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
This position supports the royalty accounting close cycle. The ideal candidate has broad frontline general ledger and royalty account experience and possesses a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field of study. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and a sharp mind.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Preparing monthly journal entries using SAP
- Creating and maintaining detailed supporting schedules
- Preparing GL account reconciliations and analysis
- Coordinating with other UMG departments to research and resolve royalty accounting issues and inquires
- Providing guidance to Artist and Copyright Departments with journal entry preparation and artist account analysis
- Preparing quarterly/monthly artist studies and analyzing the quarterly activity
- Coordinating with label finance representatives to stay current with royalty related activity
- Supporting various special projects and process improvement initiatives
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field of study
- Min 3 years of General Ledger Accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills with extensive knowledge of excel formulas. Macro experience is a plus.
- SAP and HFM experience preferred and TRACS (UMG Royalty System) experience is a plus
- Music or Entertainment industry experience preferred
- Familiarity with GAAP
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Overtime required during month end close
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.