Full Stack Engineer
Job title: Full Stack Engineer
Responsible to: Founder/Head of Technology.
Department: Audio Movers
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross (hybrid office based and remote working)
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
AudioMovers, recently acquired by Abbey Road Studios, is a tech start-up which has established a reputation as the music producer’s preferred remote collaboration tool. Launched in 2019, Audiomovers is a software product that allows music professionals to stream, listen to and record high resolution multichannel remote audio in real time, with multiple collaborators, anywhere in the world. The solution includes a set of plugins, Listento and Listento Receiver, and mobile apps, with a beta desktop application coming soon. With its support of lossless multichannel audio, up to 7.1 surround, combined with its stability and unique ability to adjust latency and bit rate, Audiomovers stands apart from other remote tools on the market. Mimicking in person collaboration and seamlessly fitting into the producer’s workflow, Audiomovers meets the high-quality expectations of thousands of music professionals across the world, from a producer working on a track with their co-writer to a large scale, scoring postproduction facility streaming multichannel audio to multiple teams and listeners at the same time.
With already proven product market fit and investment from Abbey Road Studios, AudioMovers has an aggressive growth and scale up plan for the product to reach its full potential. We are looking for the team to be part of this exciting journey.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
We’re seeking a full stack engineer who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking audio-software organization that’s always pushing boundaries. Here, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire web stack. Our ideal candidate has a firm understanding of ecommerce or SAAS platforms, marketing automation platforms, and analytics solutions. You’ll be joining a small team of 4 audio software engineers, as a main web engineer and expert on consumer facing platforms, reporting directly to a founder/Head of Technology.
- MySQL, Mariadb
- Desired not essential: Python (data analysis) c++ (product), React
- Marketing Stack: SAAS Platforms, Mixpanel, Hubspot
- Co- architect, build and support end-to-end web app (SAAS/Ecommerce platform) optimized for scale and measurable business growth
- Lead and deliver new integrations with marketing automation /analytics platforms
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Experienced owner of architecture and the deployment of ecommerce platform/SAAS platform including front end/back end and CMS/admin module
- Proficient in WordPress and WordPress Plugin development but you can easily move us to another platform or headless solution
- An experienced integrator of marketing platforms, payment solutions, marketing automation platforms, CRM platforms and analytics.
- Experience building web applications, designing and integrating RESTful APIs, debugging and optimization
- Strong organisational and project management skills, worked in agile structures, Jira, Slack, project management tools
- Experience working with data strategists, marketeers and designers
- Experience working with Python, ETL / Data Pipeline build, R, SAS, or similar stats
- Computer science, information technology, or engineering degree
- A proven track record of experience building large-scale software web applications
- An understanding of products and audio
- A passion for music
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.