We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
As the DTC Analyst, you will partner with the UMG e-Commerce and Business Development teams. With an emphasis on timely, clear communication of results, insights, and actionable recommendations, you will collaborate with colleagues in a regional and global analytics structure to improve business results through statistical rigor, data analysis and reporting, and fast-paced execution. The role will play a critical role in supporting awareness and acquisition of media channels including Paid Search, Display, Social, Video, Audio, and Affiliate. This role analyzes complex data from both internal and external sources to help identify opportunities, optimize conversion funnels, and ensure marketing spend is optimally invested.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Support marketing stakeholders, focused on reporting, optimizing digital and linear marketing channel performance (across social, display, search, audio, video, and affiliate channels), and marketing budget optimization
- Analyze marketing performance data across channels, tactics, partners, and individual ad networks to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and optimize budget/drive marketing spend efficiencies through the funnel
- Build automated reporting and present results to the broader organization
- Develop test and learn strategies related to targeting, creative, and other variables to improve end-to-end conversion throughout the funnel. Support data tracking integrations both internally and with third parties to ensure global best practices are deployed
- Be a data ambassador to cross-functional teams, coaching best practices in the use of reporting tools, data enrichment, and governance
- Work with colleagues regionally and globally to align metric definitions, and update and maintain the code base in line with a regional and global team best practices
Bring your VIBE:
- Experience within digital marketing and advanced data analytics
- A consistently open, ‘can do’ manner
- Effective communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Experience with SQL and deploying code. Python/R or other statistical programming languages is a plus
- Expertise in e-commerce or retail analytics, digital media, web analytics and in-app systems including ad serving, tracking, and reporting tools (e.g., DoubleClick, DART, Adobe Analytics, Kochava, and media platforms DBM, Google Search, Adwords, Facebook, etc.)
- Deep understanding of the intricacies and unique attributes of each step in the marketing funnel
- Good familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks and Snowflake, and data exploration and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Looker
- Ability to manipulate large data sets and interpret data trends using a multitude of disparate data sources and tools
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.