We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are hiring a Business Analyst to join our data engineering team. You will work alongside other business analysts and data engineers reporting directly to our Data Engineer Lead. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements and data analysis, documenting processes, data validation, and performing some user acceptance testing.
To succeed in this role:
• You’ll need a passion for data and the rich possibilities data brings to a large, diverse and global enterprise.
• You should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users. At the same time, you should be comfortable working with our technical data engineering team.
• You should be comfortable working independently in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment. You will need to be very organized, but adaptable.
• Evaluating business processes, anticipating and eliciting requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
• Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
• Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
• Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
• Performing requirements analysis.
• Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
• Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
• Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
• Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
• Performing user acceptance testing.
• Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Must have demonstrable ability to work with data using SQL and common analytical tools.
• The ability to gain the confidence or our stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
• Very good technical skills.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
• A positive and outgoing personal presentation
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in business analysis or a related field.
• A bachelor’s degree.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.