We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The ideal candidate is innovative, creative, with a passion for the music industry with a focus on Urban music. Has the ability to create campaigns that help develop the careers of artists.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and campaigns for album launches.
- Develop and execute innovative marketing campaigns including social media, SEO, email/text, web development, data-capture, and advertising to aid in building awareness and growing a fan base around an artist.
- Must be able to “think outside the box” and be able to implement new and effective ways to market and promote assigned releases
- Coordinate all internal departmental efforts (digital marketing, sales, publicity, radio promotion, etc.) leading up to, and throughout, album release. To ensure proper execution of overall marketing plan to drive fan engagement campaigns and music consumption opportunities.
- Act as primary liaison between artist and label, communicating status and issues back to label management while diplomatically representing the label’s interests to the artist
- Work in conjunction with artists, managers, and marketing team to create, maintain, and evolve artist brands
- Generate timelines of project needs and key dates with all departments and coordinate the efforts to meet all deadlines
- Analyse results of marketing efforts as well as any other appropriate contextual market conditions; identify key opportunities and communicate these to the team
- Effectively manage marketing budgets for assigned projects
- Oversee and coordinate the creation of tools needed for marketing, sales and advertising campaigns
- Secure strategic marketing placements and opportunities with outside partners to widen the exposure for the artist and/or release
- Manage a high volume of internal/external meetings and email correspondence
- A general knowledge of all departments within a label, including: Digital, publicity, A&R, creative, production and promotion
- Organize, prioritize, and execute a wide range of tasks with heavy workloads and tight deadlines
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Strong teamwork skills and communication abilities with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management
- Must be innovative with a high degree of energy, flexibility and interpersonal skills.
- Must be adaptable and ability to establish good relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word
- Music industry experience with an emphasis in marketing and the Urban space
- College Degree required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.