eCommerce Operations Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The eCommerce Operations Manager is a key part of the eCommerce cross-functional team dedicated to supporting a specific UMG label or rights owner. They are responsible for interfacing with subject matter experts from across the organization to implement, manage, and maintain efficient online store operations. The operations manager is expected to lead team activity across order operations, end-to-end logistics, and customer service to ensure planning allows for timely execution and communication of all projects from inception through fulfillment. The-E-Commerce Operations Manager reports to the Director or Logistics and will play a key role in helping to develop and maintain Universal Music Group’s E-Commerce process.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Serve as the day-to-day contact for all things related to operational campaign planning for the label / rights owner’s eCommerce roster.
- Work closely with cross-functional teammates to maintain understanding of priorities, product launch assortment & overall store performance, and to deliver insights against operational KPI’s to label/rights owner management and stakeholders.
- Support D2C E-Commerce operations with the completion of ad-hoc client store and product requests, including review and approval store and product set up at time of store/product launch.
- Work with Production teams to ensure that timelines and deliverables for products launching on the team’s eCommerce store have clear and achievable promise dates for fans.
- Collaborate with Order Management team to ensure appropriate tracking of production status and collaborate with clients and vendors to ensure deadlines are met. Ensure all issues are effectively communicated and resolved.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure product is arriving and orders are being fulfilled in a timely manner, consistent with timelines communicated to customers.
- Responsible for overseeing and tracking pre- and post-sale activity, liaising with supporting departments to identify and execute corrective actions when necessary.
- Work with internal fulfilment team to assist in ideating and implementing new processes to close operational gaps and improve efficiency.
- Serve as an advocate for the consumer experience from time of project ideation to post-sale engagement, working with teammates across planning and marketing to ensure that the customer journey and communication plan is in place for all campaigns to drive the best possible consumer experience.
- Proactively identify operational problems, project-related issues, changes, variances and contingencies that may arise; facilitate problem resolution with appropriate parties.
Work with planning teams to ensure that forecasts are completed to appropriately project inventory levels and that purchase orders are submitted in time and with sufficient quantities to satisfy backordered units and replenishment reorders
Bring your VIBE:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with many individuals and teams, including many different personalities.
- Ability to comfortably manage multiple projects at a time, while staying on deadline and sustaining quality of work.
- Identify and set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities and department initiatives
- Ability to quickly and calmly react to changing organizational needs and deadlines, both internal and external.
- Proactive and adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
- Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
- Knowledge of merchandise and physical music production is preferred.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized.
- Strong working knowledge of Product, Inventory and Order management systems
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel & Microsoft Office
- Very strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction
- 3-5 years of experience working e-commerce, supply chain or customer service
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, MIS, Merchandising or a related field
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish