Manager, Process Innovation
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
This document describes the position of Manager, Process Innovation within our Process Innovation and Advanced Operations department. As a Process Innovation label lead, this role will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of a variety of new processes and tools in North American labels and appropriate international territories. It will also be responsible for ongoing oversight throughout the implementation phase using reporting and dashboard tools to ensure successful embedding of the new processes and supporting technology across all relevant labels.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Champion the Process Innovation and Advanced Operations global programs within the relevant label(s) to ensure a clear understanding of the objectives of Process Innovation and communicate these to the business
• Act as the label subject matter expert in all areas of discovery and design to identify process opportunities, challenges, and exceptions early on
• Create and/or contribute to documentation in support of new process design; process flows (as-is and to-be), training documentation & cheat sheets, executive and user-level communications, etc.
• Take the lead at the relevant label(s) in the implementation of processes, tools and systems/technology as required by the PI roadmap
• Provide ongoing support, guidance and training for all relevant label and UMG team members around Process Innovation tools and processes, especially highlighting the high-level objectives of the initiative
• Report technology issues and enhancement requests to the relevant systems support teams and manage communications around these items with the business
• Actively seek out new ideas to enable new revenue opportunities, richer or more accurate capture of metadata or assets, wider discoverability of UMG’s repertoire, etc.
• Propose deliverable solutions (processes or tools) in support of these new opportunities
• Use detailed knowledge to help determine the priority and importance of upcoming enhancements (process and technology) and work in conjunction with the global Process Innovation team on prioritization across all labels and territories
• Create and/or utilize relevant KPI reports to monitor and ensure the successful adoption of new processes and technology
• Work closely with each PI workstream lead to report back the adoption status, highlighting any risks, blockers and concerns
Bring your VIBE:
• An understanding of how a record label works is preferred – A&R, Production, Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Commercial, Archives
• Ability to work in an operational capacity to facilitate and manage the relationship between users and other departments and systems (from a business process and technical perspective) to facilitate end-to-end processes
• Articulate the dependencies and relationships between business processes, roles and capabilities
• Provide input to change plans that mitigate risk and increase operational effectiveness of the rollouts
• Strong technical skills and competent user of web-based applications
• Strong organization skills and an ability to complete deliverables on-time
• Excellent communication and documentation skills
• Creative problem-solving utilizing analytics and a data-driven approach
• Ability to work flexible hours (be available for international calls)
• Excellent stakeholder management experience & interpersonal skills to define and manage stakeholder expectations, including label staff and team members
• Experience of working in a multi-geographic team
• Experience of training key business users on new or modified processes and toolsets
• Proven track record of analytical skills or process re-design and implementation
• Experience in the media and entertainment industry
• Experience working with a record label and knowledge of the recording and creative processes
• Experience of working in an Agile development environment would be useful.
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
• Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
• Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.