Marketing Coordinator (12 MTH FTC)
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Spinnup is a forward-looking, disruptive part of Universal Music, the world’s biggest group of record labels. As a digital distribution platform, unsigned artists use Spinnup to distribute their music to music services like Spotify and Apple Music.
We have an opportunity for a data driven and ambitious marketing coordinator to join our small, friendly and dynamic team and contribute to the development of the industry’s most innovative approach to finding new musicians.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Marketing and eager to learn how to work with channels including Social, CRM, Paid and SEO for a music software.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Assist the Senior Marketing Manager with managing day-to-day marketing activities across social, e-mail and blog – tasks can include content planning, campaign implementation and optimization
- Co-ordinate global activations with international teams and external agencies acting as main point of contact for assets delivery
- Be responsible for the delivery of channel-specific content in line with our audience needs
- Conduct competitors research and analyse trends to identify new marketing opportunities
- Be responsible for quality assurance of content and campaigns on all marketing platforms – creative formats, copy writing, tagging etc
- Provide admin support with ad hoc tasks required by the team or department
- Develop data-driven content ideas and tactics in line with overall marketing objectives
- Report on channels performance, advise on missed opportunities and optimise on platforms accordingly
- Experience working in house or agency-side for either a SaaS, an e-commerce business or a tech start up
- Experience with at least one of the following platforms or similar – Wordpress, Hootsuite, SEMrush, DotDigital, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics or equivalent
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities and workflows
- Interest in Marketing and eager to learn the inside-out of new channels or softwares
- A team-player who is also able to think and act independently
- An inquisitive approach
- Previous experience with video creation or editing for social channels
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.