Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
How we LEAD:
This position exists to provide administrative and operational support to the Chief Financial Officer and other Corporate Services leaders by prioritizing daily and weekly calendar events, planning meetings and team events, travel, and correspondence. In addition, this position assists Finance staff with transaction processing, IT staff with purchasing and tracking needs, and other duties as assigned.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Duties as Assistant to the CFO
- Assist the CFO in scheduling meetings and providing agendas along with other support as required inclusive of answering the phone, setting up conference calls, and any other administrative objectives that may arise
- Schedule, plan and coordinate all travel arrangements for the CFO and other department heads as needed including the preparation and tracking of expense reports
- Proactively schedule and maintain strategic plan updates and performance assessment meetings for all direct reports to the CFO
- Maintain and approve vacation and other requested time off for direct reports
- Help plan and coordinate events as needed for the departments of the CFO and CCMG as a whole
- Liaison on behalf of the CFO and divisional leadership to staff members and other outside individuals
- Create an environment of trust and reliability with staff members and other outside individuals so they feel their requests and needs are being addressed in an efficient manner
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Duties as Purchasing Coordinator
- Proactively manage the preparation and administration of the capital expenditure budgeting and purchasing process.
- Work closely with the IT and Facility teams to facilitate and ensure new capital expenditure purchases are tagged and recorded in the fixed asset inventory log
- Preparation of Request for Proposals (RFPs) for all goods and services as required. Research benchmark pricing and negotiate one-off pricing where possible.
- Monitor both UMG and local standards programs to comply with any UMG guidelines
- Ensure all purchases follows UMG policy and procedures, are thoroughly documented, and the assigned company credit card is fully reconciled and turned in to A/P for payment is completed in a timely manner
- Other Duties
- Support CCMG Management as needed in the planning and execution of internal and external office and facility moves.
- Provide general administrative support to VPs who are direct reports to the CFO
- Prepare, track, and distribute various reports as needed (e.g., Music Connect, Month End Financials, Expense reports, etc.)
- Monitor travel approvals for the CFO, reconcile selected credit card reports for the accounting department, and assist with internal travel questions for labels
- Serve as backup for the Executive Assistant to the Co-Presidents as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Strong computer proficiency (Office 365, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, Adobe PDF/Sign) with a willingness and ability to learn other programs
- Great attention to detail and organized with strong proofreading skills
- Good math skills and basic understanding of accounting concepts are a plus
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to anticipate the needs of a busy executive and coordinate resources
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to carry out tasks with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are required. An ability to edit correspondence and basic reports with proper English and grammar is required.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response while interacting well with all levels in the organization while also being a productive team member
- College degree in business management or related field focused on secretarial skills, office management and/or administrative duties
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an E-Verify employer.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish