Fame House, a Universal Music Group company, is looking for a Product Director to join our team in Philadelphia, PA. The Director will lead our Product Development and Production teams by executing our clients’ vision through concept design, product development, sourcing, and production. This person should have a deep understanding for garment construction, print production, and supply-chain.
How we LEAD:
Founded in January 2011, Fame House is an award-winning digital strategy and D2C agency with offices in Philadelphia, New York and Los Angeles that’s built to uniquely serve the needs of the modern music industry. Fame House’s early foresight into crafting services around the new opportunities of connecting artists and fans online led them to help establish a new key role within the music ecosystem serving artists alongside labels, management companies, event companies and agents.
How you’ll CREATE:
Production & Sourcing
- Develop relationships with supplier base to ensure alignment of category business needs and successful business partnerships.
- Balance production allocation by dollar.
- Have final sign-off on product allocation, cost, lead-time, and execution.
- Research, and vet potential vendors through cost, execution, and timing exercises.
- Problem-solve and manage all production errors, internally and externally.
- Negotiate all product/decoration costing on behalf of Fame House.
- Oversee all internal reporting and production processes.
- Lead Print-On-Demand initiatives for Fame House and other related business units.
- Guide Product, Creative, and Account teams on print and development processes needed to best execute goods.
Business + Leadership
- Review and sign-off on all client-facing documents → contracts, authorization forms, business development tools, and monthly billing statements.
- Approve and aid team with all departmental billing.
- Present solutions to MGMT for all financial and production issues with clients & vendors.
- Pilot and establish new processes with MGMT and other D2C Department Heads.
- Be well versed in all aspects of the FH D2C business to refine operations and drive growth to hit departmental and business goals.
- Mentor and provide a defined track of work for all employees within the Product department providing a growth plan, and measurable goals.
- Communicate effectively to all business units and MGMT on behalf of the Product team.
- Properly manage and staff team’s workload.
Bring your VIBE:
- 7-10 years’ experience in product development, or production within the music merchandise, or apparel industries.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading a team/business unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Art or related field.
- Adobe Suite - moderate to proficient.
- Excel - moderate to proficient.
- Print production - proficient.
- Garment construction - proficient.
- Strong understanding of trend, fashion, and the music/entertainment industry.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, and an over-communicator.
- Ability to handle stress and stay calm under pressure.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer