Digital Operations Intern
Job title: Digital Operations Intern
Responsible to: Digital Data Analyst
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group is looking for a Digital Operations Intern to support across the Fused Digital Media team. The core responsibility of this role is to support and maintain the quality and accuracy of the operational systems. From managing the booking system, to supplier payment, to spend analysis.
The role is a key support role for driving forward improved ways of working through the evolution of our media and finance systems and whilst experience in digital media or operations isn’t required it is an ideal and at the least we expect individuals to have an interest in the digital media landscape.
We’re looking for a hungry self-starter prepared to roll their sleeves up and ask questions where needed. Someone who is adept with numbers & also engaged with social media and media content, particularly across TikTok and can support with trend research & analysis.
We provide all training on the job, but the right applicant should be a dynamic and organised problem-solver, who is eager to learn about developments in the media industry and best practise in operations and analytics technology.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Be Collaborative and Operational
- Supporting operations team in managing the central booking system & reporting platforms
- Working with campaign management to reconcile spends accurately
- Creation of monthly POs for all suppliers & Reconciling actual supplier invoices to POs
- Maintaining log of completed spend issues/errors
- Working with label Fused team heads & label FDs to provide monthly and annual forecasts
- Involvement in media owner trading
- Support the data team in the identification and execution of internal measurement initiatives
- Working closely with campaign management team & media planners to report performance and deliver campaigns in line with performance targets
- Support Influencer Strategist & Fused team heads with social media trend research and analysis
- Any level of experience with any / all digital media technology platforms (Facebook / Instagram, Google, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok)
- An interest in the wider digital landscape and developing one’s understanding of the digital advertising world
- Experience of using data and numbers to deliver insights into projects
- A dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic character, with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly with
- Effective organisational skills, with the ability to work well within a fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel skills
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.