A&R Supervisor/ Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world
Universal Music Group is in search of an A&R Supervisor/ Manager to be based in Manila.
About the role:
- Discover and develop artists for Universal Music Group (Manila) and its subsidiary label(s)
- Oversee the development of artist releases.
- Manage the revenue from artists including live, tours, endorsement and more
- Manage A&R financial budget and planning.
- Work closely with artists to develop their launch strategy, positioning, social media, PR plans and more
- Responsible for the coordination and negotiation of Deal making process between artists, lawyers, regional/ global team, and local stakeholders.
- Work with artists, creative and engineers to ensure UMG artists stand out against others for their live performances.
- Work with creative to bring artists vision to life in the music videos and content
- Oversee the overall branding of sub label(s), work closely with the domestic marketing team in curating the social media of the sub label(s) assigned
- Discuss new development acts with commercial/digital, new business and marketing teams.
- Work with management team to set out company priorities, label partner updates, new signings and release timelines
- Seek out and identify brands/products, which will contribute to the assigned revenue goals.
- Look for creative opportunities to gain exposure for our artists and labels outside the “normal” marketing sphere
- Source and build relationships with producers, songwriters, mixers, video directors, photographers and other relevant contacts.
- At least 4 years of related experience, with leadership capabilities
- Significant experience in working in music and marketing
- Proven track record of identifying and developing artists and their music
- Experience of working, influencing and persuading at all levels of an organisation (upwards and downwards), on both a local and an international level
- Forwarding thinking, ability to use data analysis to anticipate trends
- Proven ability to develop innovative, creative and commercially successful marketing concepts outside of the usual
- Ability to network and build relationships and deal with situations with tact and diplomacy
- Great knowledge of the domestic market as well as certain regional exposure
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.