Label Manager- Hip Hop Division (Bangkok)
Are you interested in working in the dynamic world of music and entertainment? Are you particularly interested with Hip-Hop? Does managing music label excites you?
Universal Music Group is in search of a Label Manager- Hip Hop Division to be based in Bangkok.
About the role:
- Assist to deliver outstanding marketing programs for Universal Music Thailand’s sub label and create a voice in urban culture through our artists and campaigns.
- Marketing plan which emphasis on powerful pre-launch phases to maximize commercial impact.
- Work closely with the label – A&R/Digital/Press/Promotions/Sales etc. to deliver connected and cutting-edge strategies across the business
- Make crucial decisions regarding the label’s investment in artists in the context of a business characterized by high risk and reward.
- Work with Managing Director and Finance Director to develop and build robust sales versus spend models that can inform short and long term campaign planning and execution.
- Plan multi-platform advertising campaigns with the media agency, to effectively utilise the budgets of each release.
- Devise effective and innovative digital campaigns in conjunction with the digital marketing team
- Work closely with the commercial team to undertake operational and creative responsibility for the e-Commerce programme
- Instigate and manage photo shoots, video shoots and creation of all creative content to support all release campaigns
- Develop and initiate innovative ideas for merchandising opportunities.
- Experience with Hip Hop
- At least 4 years of related experience
- Proven authoritative knowledge of charts, trends and artists.
- Ability to identify and nurture artist talent.
- Demonstrate the ability to make decisions in a high-stakes environment.
- Drive, motivation and managerial skills to take high-profile projects successfully from inception to completion
- Experience of breaking new UK acts and international-selling acts and the versatility to work with acts of various sizes and budgets.
- Experience of effectively managing budgets to minimise financial spend within own projects and maximising profits.
- Proven ability to develop innovative, creative and commercially successful marketing strategies.
- Excellent relationship-building and relationship-management skills
- Successful experience in negotiating with artists, artist management, internal stakeholders and senior management.
- Experience managing the creation of videos and other additional content, including briefing creative agencies.
- Experience instigating and managing photo shoots, including managing budgets, briefs and contracts.
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.