Sr. Director eCommerce Site Operations
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking a Sr. Director, Store Management to oversee our best-in-class e-commerce Store management team. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most successful artists and entertainment companies in the world and to work with emerging digital music and entertainment technologies. You will have opportunities to submit ideas and processes for the company to utilize in the future.
The Sr. Director, eCommerce role will be responsible for leadership of our store management team members and function, overseeing the successful management of our stores. As a leader in a large cross functional team, this role will work with both internal teams and external partners to execute successful e-commerce campaigns This role will help to identify and implement solutions to help the team increase the quality of service delivered, as well as drive revenue and efficiency across our e-commerce stores. This individual will help identify and roll out new processes and tech improvements working with a broad group of stakeholders. The Sr. Director, eCommerce will also ensure quality and timely product and new store launches across our entire portfolio of stores as well as ensure proper resourcing is in place to support these campaigns
How you’ll CREATE:
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to all team members. Coach and develop leaders to increase revenue, quality and reduce cost
- Plans, organize, and administer reviews. Evaluates the activities of professional, staff through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Champion team culture
- Implement and oversee service capacity plans, ensure we have the right level of support for the business as well as maintain work life balance for the team
- Lead the team by example, upholding positive working relationships with labels, partners, and third-party vendors
- Ensure on time, accurate and successful launch of stores and products across all label rosters
- Enforce process and policy adherence by team members working within store environments
- Real time problem identification, resolution, and escalation
- Partner with the leaders of the E-commerce & Label Services team for high priority campaign execution
- Senior support on weekly cross functional operational team calls for our Rights Owners
- Subject matter expertise and understanding of all elements of our tools and processes
- Help define, implement, and interpret KPI’s for the business
- Ideate and implement new initiatives to ensure quality and consistency of service into the wholistic process. Prioritize and ensure the most impactful initiatives. Ongoing Refinement of standard operating policies and process to ensure the best possible results are achieved
- Partner with appropriate teams for the implementation, usage, and refinement of new systems (ie PIM, PLM)
- Work with Business and technical stakeholders on requirements, solution feasibility, testing and implementation of new tools for our eCommerce Stack. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to refine solutions and ensure long term success for all teams.
- Protect and ensure confidential assets and information are kept secure
- Available outside of business hours as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in eCommerce, project & team management, Operations, and logistics
- Demonstrated leadership, team management, and interpersonal skills, 7+ years in Leadership of teams (at least 20+ team members)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Merchandising, or a Related Field preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Office) and Project Management software (Monday.com, Asana)
- Deep Experience with PIM. PLM OMS and Shopping Carts
- Strong working knowledge of Shopify Plus
- Excellent analytical & abstract reasoning skills + organizational skills
- Self-starter who can complete tasks and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Proactive and adept problem solver; ability to come up with inventive solutions on the fly.
- Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
- Ability to successfully work cross functionally with both internal teams and external vendors
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment and successfully juggle multiple projects and tasks with tight deadlines
- Trustworthy with sensitive information
- Working knowledge of HTM & CSS
- Must be available to accommodate business needs outside of standard operating hours.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.