Ingrooves - Manager, Label & Business Development
We are Ingrooves Music Group, part of Universal Music Group. We are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
Reporting to the Country Manager, Indonesia, this position of Manager, Label & Business Development will focus on developing Ingrooves’ business, working across existing label partners, new business targets and opportunities, and key specialist digital account relationships.
This position will manage the day-to-day activities for a roster of distributed labels, working alongside label partners to develop artists and promote distributed music and video content. The successful candidate will have a strong interest and knowledge of independent music and culture with a passion for label and artist development.
The role requires a creative strategist who possesses a strong understanding of the opportunities in the digital retail landscape. Preferably, they will have experience with metadata best practices, and have solid technical capabilities.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with key label partners in Indonesia, acting as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing their labels' interests
- Identify and create new label/ content partner opportunities. Work with global Business Development team to target, approach and negotiate new deals
- Manage, organise and oversee label and release presentations
- Manage priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
- Manage assigned labels’ product logistics and operations
- Drive product adoption of Ingrooves’ technology platforms and services across the client base
- Be an expert resource and provide account and industry insight and updates to Ingrooves and our Label Partners
- 3+ years’ experience within a label, distribution, DSP, management or media company working with labels, managers, and artists
- Passionate about music discovery and a fan of independent music with the ability to represent Ingrooves in the marketplace
- Extensive knowledge and relationships in the Indonesian music industry
- Strong relationship builder, creative and resourceful at getting to the finish line
- Proven business development and relationship management track record
- Experience with top digital music services, social media applications, music/ entertainment media, and digital music best practices
- Good command of the English language (both active and passive)
- Experience with digital distribution is a plus
- Experience/ knowledge of Salesforce/ CRM tools a plus
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.