Senior Specialist, Internal Controls and Compliance – Americas
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The Universal Music Group Internal Control Assurance Department is a recently created team comprised of in-house professionals located at UMG’s Corporate Headquarters in Hilversum, the Netherlands. The department is a true ‘second line of defense’ function and, amongst other things, is responsible for defining internal control requirements, guidance and training. The department deploys different types of monitoring procedures to assess the ongoing effectiveness of the company’s risk and internal control systems. The team reports into the Global Head of Controls Assurance.
In their role, team members acquire a strong knowledge of the group, its activities and operations which place them in a strong position to evolve into internal finance management positions in the future.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Support in developing, enhancing and executing the annual Internal Control Assurance Programme
- Support in developing and implementing continuous improvements in the internal control assurance program
- Develop (process) control standards and related testing plans to address existing and new risks
- Develop, optimize, and execute test plans to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Plan and perform reviews of Operating Companies control processes and documentation
- Proactively follow-up and track identified remediation plans required in Operating Companies
- Assist Operating Companies with the identification of process control improvement opportunities
- Perform deep dive controls assessment for assigned areas
- Independently review balance sheets and account reconciliations
- Proactively manage relationships with business functions, IT and other compliance teams
- Support in trainings of internal control related topics to Corporate functions and Operating Companies/ Business Units in the region
- The role will involve an amount of international travel
- Other ad hoc responsibilities
Bring your VIBE:
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in an external or internal audit role. Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Prior experience working in a multinational company is an advantage
- Degree from a major European university with a major in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Chartered accountant and/or CIA certification preferred
- Strong understanding of governance and internal control regulations, including COSO
- Good understanding of accounting principles under IFRS
- Experience with SAP ERP, BPC and Hyperion FM is an advantage
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently
- Effective in working collaboratively with cross functional team members and with external partners
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills
- Ability to travel internationally and work independently
- Multilingual: Fluent English. Another language is an advantage (Spanish is highly desirable)
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.