General Manager- Vietnam (Based in Ho Chi Minh City)
Are you interested to work in the dynamic world of music and entertainment? Do you like dealing with artists? Does managing operation of the music business excite you?
Universal Music Group is seeking a General Manager- Vietnam to be based in Ho Chi Minh City.
About the role:
- Responsible for all P&L, administrative and business functions in Universal Music Vietnam
- Set policies, operations, create and maintain budgets
- Drive open and transparent communication within the group and externally across UMG and its record labels
- Lead and be responsible for the development and execution of artist/project plans across the key operational areas of marketing, promotions, sales, digital, D2C, merchandise, A&R, Repertoire owners, business development and logistics
- Monitor the delivery of all operational activities
General and Business Management
- Develop and execute digital revenue strategic plans to deliver budgeted revenue, growth and profitability across download and streaming subscription platforms through understanding and leveraging partner landscape, objectives and capabilities.
- Negotiations on digital content license agreements and renewals for UMG and our artists
- Drive innovative content and release campaigns by integrating digital marketing best practice, social strategy optimisation and leveraging individual partner strengths.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and business partners.
- Understands the commercial deals in place with our various Digital Business Partners and ensure terms are agreed upon through the term sheets / agreement
- Strategic plans and reviews with action plans, resolving problems, implementation of productions, productivity and goal targets to meet campaign & operational objectives.
- Work with key stakeholders – A&R, Labels, Management, Sales, Digital, Promotions, Bravado, Business Development, D2C - to achieve marketing and financial objectives
A&R (Artist Management) and Domestic Marketing
- Responsible for signing artists and overseeing the set-up of the record from signing the artist, recording, video to the release of the completed recording; through a network of contacts from shops, distributors, independent record labels & DJ's / producers both local and international.
- Ensure deal memos and financial analysis are completed to all new artist/label signings
- Oversee and manage the development of acts and records within the company (liaising with promotions, marketing, digital, international, finance etc)
- Accountability for the realisation of targeted budgets and forecasting of A+R investment expenditure throughout the financial year
- Driving and creating a strong artist acquisition strategy.
- Overseeing the set-up of each record from mastering promo's & radio edits to formatting commercial parts for physical and digital exploitation.
- Accomplishes business objectives by establishing strategic plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; and reviewing progress
- Accountable for the entire P&L of UM Vietnam
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure all KPIs are met – Market share, revenue, charts
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for artists' music and music-related products across the UMG roster. These include but are not limited to: single / EP /albums, music videos and video content, merchandise and direct-to-consumer business.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders across A&R, Retail + Revenue, Product Development, Digital, TV & Film Licensing, and Artist Management to support priority projects, artists, and brands.
- Understand and analyse the constant flow of streaming, sales, radio and social data and adjust marketing strategies accordingly.
- Work with and maintain excellent communications with both traditional, digital, and social Media channels, partners and agencies; including Influencers and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Know artist/project audience and the most effective ways to communicate to them
- Play the lead role to ensure artists achieve appropriate profile across all media.
New Business and Non-Recording Income (NRI)
- Targeting agencies and brands with considered business pitches
- Creating tangible commercial opportunities out of the artist roster and through innovative idea generation
- Responding to briefs in a professional manner, harnessing all the assets and knowledge within the Universal business
- Constructing Heads of Agreements and Long form contracts, in consultation with Business Affairs, to formalise relationships
- Maintenance of client database and revenue tracker
- Fostering close relationships with a variety of agency partners through proactive, regular contact
- At least 8 years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of the Vietnamese and International music industry
- Excellent written & verbal English and Vietnamese to communicate locally as well as across regions
- Extensive connections with artists, producers and music labels in Vietnam
- Proven results of identifying & developing artists in Vietnam
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience with music business practices, trading terms and conditions
- Experience with marketing with great knowledge of consumer behaviour
- Excellent understanding of social networking, new technologies and sales opportunities.
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.