Director, Data Asset Development & Partnerships
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
As the Director, Data Asset Development and Partnerships, you will support the broader E-commerce and Business Development organization through understanding the current and emerging data sources that support a broad set of business needs within Universal Music Group. Given the differences in data protection laws and data availability, there is a strong need to develop expertise in both US and International. You will help assess opportunities, incubate, and build new offerings based on data. You will develop relationships and build collaboration models in a network of data providers with traditional or innovative data assets, as well as internal entities within UMG with emerging data capabilities. Specifically, you will focus on helping to build and expand advanced data capabilities and assets across the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. With high visibility within the organization, you will work collaboratively with the rest of the UMG Data Strategy and DTC Analytics team.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Collaborate closely with key UMG stakeholder groups to identify data needs, determine engagement models with data partners, and related activities that contribute to the development of new UMG offerings, assets, and solutions that leverage data
- Shepherd the development of new UMG offerings and solutions that acquire and manage first party data, in collaboration with business leads
- Initiate and cultivate relationships with diverse potential data providers at various levels, including senior executives, and shepherd the negotiation process with different providers
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to support teams in marketing, label, and artist with project proposals, client discussions, thought leadership, etc.
- Partner with UMG leaders and teams to sell and deliver Data Strategy projects for marketing, labels, and artists, including project scoping, approach definition, project management, and execution, communication, and people management
- Manage day-to-day activity and communication with data partners; Serve as a key point of contact on all aspects to make partnerships live
- Expand awareness, knowledge, and usage of data partnerships within the firm; Communicate use cases, facilitate training, create thought leadership documents, etc.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor's or master's degree required, with strong academic performance in analytic and quantitative coursework
- Relevant experience working with consumer data
- Knowledge of e-commerce/retail data and its practical applications
- Experience in developing senior-level engagement and partnerships with major data providers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Knowledge of consumer data protection compliance and legal frameworks, such as CCPA and GDPR
- Self-starter with high motivation, maturity, and personal initiative
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to interact with and influence senior executives
- Empathy, adaptability, and high personal impact
- Self-discipline for planning and organizing tasks and delivering in an unstructured environment
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.