Social Media Specialist (TikTok)
Job title: Social Media Specialist (TikTok)
Responsible to: Senior Social Media Specialist
Department: UMUK Social Media Agency (Rebel Labs)
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy, or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Group is looking for a social media specialist to join their social media department Rebel Labs to work within the TikTok programming team creating and publishing sharable content across their network of social media brands on TikTok.
Rebel Labs own and operate three of the largest TikTok publisher accounts in Europe, who’s followers generate over 150 million organic views per month.
You’ll be obsessed with youth related internet culture, the latest TikTok and Reels memes, trends, dances, and viral videos. Fast, adaptable, and hard-working, you will be happy sourcing, researching, and acquiring user-generated video content as much as writing copy, creating social content, and publishing on TikTok, YouTube Shorts and Instagram.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Sourcing, researching, targeted and trending UGC video content
- Creating sharable and engaging short-form UGC video content with UMG’s music priorities
- Writing engaging social copy
- Publishing content on TikTok, Instagram and YouTube Shorts
- Managing all clearances licenses and releases
- Negotiating and buying video content to budget when necessary
- Community management
- Tracking video performance analytics (views, engagements) and optimising content and publishing strategy to improve results and grow the audience
- Communicating where necessary to ensure editorial processes run as smoothly as possible
- Must have a passion for music and street culture
- Experience in a similar role with experience working at a social publisher
- Creative thinker. EG: Using UMG’s music creatively on TikTok edits to enhance and tell an engaging story
- Passion for the Universal Music catalogue
- Strong internet research skills. Familiarity with all video/social media platforms and a strong knowledge of how to best navigate them. (TikTok, Triller, Snapchat, YouTube, Facebook,
Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr, etc.)
- Candidates must be able to work under strict deadlines with impeccable organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Tubular Labs, Crowdtangle, and similar analytics tools and platforms
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.