We at UMG are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant. The position which coordinates internal administrative process for store management and operations.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a musical environment and have great judgment with discretion and confidentiality. This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and working on tight deadlines in a high pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Managing the Executive’s desk and daily schedule, including answering emails where necessary, manage itineraries, meetings and events, maintaining contact to inform them of upcoming appointments and meetings; Identifying key issues and prioritizing the schedule accordingly.
- Coordinate the logistics of Meetings, Conference Calls and Video Conferences
- Set-up and coordinate XXXX
- Serve as point of contact for the Department with regard to onboarding and offboarding new hires
- Coordinate reservations for travel, and purchase hotel and flight tickets
- Process travel & entertainment expenses with accurate coding, resolve payment issues
- Creating purchase orders and invoices within our finance systems
- Coordinate special project requests as needed
- Obtain internal approval forms on as needed basis with the finance and legal department projects
Bring your VIBE:
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management and administrative support in a professional, business- like manner
- Innate passion for the music/entertainment industries
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies with which we do business
- Interest in music and a solid understanding of the music business and the roles of various departments of a record label
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent customer skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Must be flexible to work long hours, sometimes weekends and sometimes in the middle of the night
- Knowledge of popular trends in music and of current artists and producers
- Must be familiar with the process of making records from pre-production to completion
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Mac and PC experience (proficiency in MS Word & Excel, PowerPoint); Very strong typing skills
- Internet savvy
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Highly motivated with networking ability
- Able to work in a very fast and energetic environment
- Strong Computer skills: MS Suite, MS Excel & Word, General online marketing knowledge
- 0-2 years administrative experience in the music/entertainment business
- College degree in Business management or Communications
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.