Campus Manager & Admissions Manager
Job title: Campus Manager & Admissions Manager
Responsible to: CEO
Department: Abbey Road Institute
Location of work: Angel Studios, Islington
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Abbey Road Institute is the specialist music production school which was set up through a partnership between Abbey Road Studios and Universal Music, opening the doors to its first cohort of students in 2015. Abbey Road Institute London Institute is our flagship school, which offers our core programme, the Advanced Diploma in Music Production and Sound Engineering as well as a growing portfolio of short courses created to reflect the quality and experience that is synonymous with Abbey Road.
This is an exciting time to join the London team as we start the next chapter of our growing educational offering at Angel Studios. You will be ambitious and excited by the prospect of contributing to the growing Abbey Road portfolio.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Abbey Road Institute is looking for a commercially driven Campus Manager & Admissions Manager to lead and continue to grow our London Institute and build upon the high quality and standards we have established since we opened. From overseeing the day-to-day operations of the school to recruiting prospective students, building our relationships within the industry and expanding our portfolio of courses, every day is different and varied in this exciting and challenging role.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in education in a managerial and sales position with a proven track record of recruiting to target. You will be responsible for delivering Abbey Road Institute’s income targets, leading and managing the local team and play a key role in expanding the portfolio of courses we offer. We’re a small team and you’ll work closely with both the London team and the global team (also based in London). We are looking for someone who has a passion for music and an interest in audio.
- Responsible for the strategic management and day to day operational running of the Institute
- Drive the student recruitment and business development for Abbey Road Institute
- Seek entrepreneurial opportunities and new commercial ideas to drive revenue and reduce costs by calculating benefits and risks.
- Managing local promotional activities such as student recruitment events, industry-focussed events, etc (under the direction of the global head of marketing)
- Overall responsibility for student administration and student satisfaction
- P&L responsibility, budgeting, and monthly reporting
- Local credit control, liaising with suppliers to approve invoices
- Support and nurture prospective students to hit local student recruitment targets
- Work closely and collaborate with the global management team
- Build relationships with and support our alumni network
- Build relationships with and grow our industry network
- Knowledge and experience of Higher education or audio education sector
- Commercially minded and target driven
- A sales mindset and an understanding of selling a premium product/experience
- Experience of successfully brokering innovative high-end deals by scoping opportunities, presenting persuasively and negotiating intelligently
- Proven capability to work autonomously, demonstrating the ability to make decisions in a high stakes environment
- Drive, motivation and managerial skills to take high-profile projects successfully from inception to completion, often simultaneously and under pressure
- Inquisitive and analytical approach – highly numerate and financially aware
- Systematic and methodical approach; evaluates, considers and implements to ensure things get done
- Delivers results through innovation ensuring business evolution and long-term value is added
- Creates a climate of support and accountability
- Communicates and engages others effectively creating an interest and understanding in
- commercial activities and thereby maximizing performance
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.