Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music Global Classics & Jazz is the undisputed worldwide leader in its space and is the London-based central unit for the world’s greatest classical and jazz labels including Decca, Deutsche Grammophon, Verve, Blue Note and ECM. There is now an exciting opportunity for an Analytics Assistant to join our Content & Data team to help keep us ahead of the game in today’s ever-changing digital environment.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Update existing Artist/Project/Track reports
- Assist Audience & Analytics Manager as required with quantitative analysis (automated, empirical and manual) and new report creation
- Assist Audience & Analytics Manager in obtaining actionable insights to regular meetings/forums
- Help GCJ colleagues onboard onto and engage with analytics platforms to enable them to become more self-sufficient
- Respond to various specific queries from labels and markets
- Assist other members of the Content & Data department from time-to-time
- Assist in producing visually appealing presentations
- Previous working experience or academic background in marketing, statistics, mathematics, economics, marketing/business analysis or related scientific/quantitative field
- Experience on platforms like Google BigQuery, languages including SQL and HTML/Python desirable but not essential
- Highly numerate with an interest in data and its analysis and presentation
- Ability to analyse patterns, understand the implications of findings and communicate them
- Attention to detail combined with speed and attention to deadlines essential
- Passion for a wide range of music (either as performer, writer, student or consumer)
- Experience of/familiarity a wide range of active social media and lifestyle platforms including but not limited to YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Peloton, Headspace, Calm Apple Fitness
- Knowledge of, and interest in, music consumption on digital media including Apple, Spotify and Amazon
- Interest in new technologies as they relate to the music business
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Good organisation and multitasking skills
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.