JOB OPPORTUNITY – DIGITAL MEDIA BUYER
Closing Date: March 26, 2021
The UMC team is currently working from home due to the global pandemic and plans on going back into the office in 2021. You must be comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment.
Universal Music Canada is Canada’s leading music company, engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content. Home to the most comprehensive catalogue of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMC is committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship in broadening opportunities for our artists on both the domestic and world stages as well as creating new experiences for fans.
Universal Music Canada is part of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment.
We are searching for passionate people to join our team. If you love music and got excited just thinking about joining this amazing organization, we would love to meet you!
Reporting to the Director, Consumer Engagement, the Digital Media Buyer is responsible for the implementation, daily management, and optimization of advertising campaigns. This position will assist in strategy and planning responsibilities including research and insights derived from past campaign performance.
- Ongoing management of day-to-day campaign deployment; ensuring quality control of how and where we showcase our artists.
- Manage the execution on all self-serve advertising platforms and in-house programmatic platforms to create and test new audience targets and ad sets that will enable long term audience growth for our artists.
- Lead all aspects of campaign execution: from specs, screen grabs, delivery checks, optimization, reporting, post-campaign analysis, ad-hoc requests to monitoring all the changes in the media plans.
- In addition to managing buys across self-serve platforms, this role will work with agency partners to help create briefs to steer campaign direction various platforms, and ensure all parties adhere to UMC’s long term audience growth strategies.
- Scrutinize all media investment across channels, rigorously ensuring that plans and estimates are reflected accurately in the financial process with our media agency.
- Regularly evaluate our media approaches, identifying and testing new opportunities to expand our presence across new platforms and formats.
- Partner with internal and agency analytics teams to ensure proper reporting plans are communicated.
- Other projects as assigned
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations
- Relevant, demonstratable advertising experience in either a media agency, creative agency, or client side working for global brands (3+ YOE).
- Experience with owning the execution across self-serve ads manager and programmatic platforms (Facebook / Instagram / TikTok / Snapchat / YouTube / Google / DV360)
- Experience in taking media results and translating them into insights to inform future campaigns or inform communication in other UMC departments.
- You think strategically and navigate comfortably to ensure alignment with artist strategy.
- You can inventively problem solve and organize information at a high level to address potential roadblocks and define the best way forward with meticulous attention to detail.
- You are at ease building rapport, credibility and influence with multiple partners working in a dynamic organization that spans local and global relationships.
- You are resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy, a positive attitude, and the ability to flourish in a team environment.
- Hard working and motivated self-starter with ability to work and think clearly in a loud environment
Please apply before March 26, 2021
Universal Music Canada is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strongly welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, black people, people of colour, women, persons with disabilities, people who are LGBTQ2S+, and people from other diverse communities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.