Senior .NET Developer
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email UniversalMusicCareers@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
We are seeking an outstanding Senior .NET Developer to join a new project starting in January 2021.
This exciting project will re-write an existing legacy royalties application and is a great opportunity to join the team from the very start of the prototyping and build phase. Discovery and Analysis is already well underway to enable the team to be onboarded efficiently and to gain momentum from the outset.
This technical and challenging project is fundamental to the publishing processes at UMPG, and will integrate with other applications and teams as part of a wider over-arching solution.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Strong C# and .NET Core knowledge
- Knowledge of SQL and modern ORMs or equivalent
- Understanding of AWS serverless services
- Ability to assist in the technical direction of the architecture
- Proven experience of delivering high quality solutions that are fit for purpose, maintable, robust, scalable and secure
- Excellent communication skills as the team collaborate daily
- Ability to keep up to date with the latest development technologies and practices
- Passionate about software development with drive to continuously improve
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Able to focus on detailed work
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.