Senior Data Architect
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Senior Data Architect to join our Data-Engineering team. We are looking for a multi-disciplined engineer who is very strong with data engineering skills in GCP space as well as very strong software development skills. As a data engineer, you will participate in all technical aspects of designing, developing, configuring, deploying, documenting, and supporting Google Cloud Platform data services like Dataflow/Apache Beam, BigTable, BigQuery, PubSub, Cloud Functions, Composer, etc. This person will be responsible for enhancing and creating new foundational frameworks in GCP data engineering space. You will create data ingestion processes from multiple external and internal sources using APIs, Microservices, flat files, RDBMS, etc.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work with the existing data engineering team, data scientists, data analytics team, data analysts, and business partners to understand various data needs and implement scalable platform-wide solutions in GCP
- Leverage standard toolset and develop ETL/ELT code to move data from various internal and external sources into the GCP data lake
- Leveraging existing frameworks and standards, while contributing ideas and resolving issues, and enhancing current frameworks
- Design and build well-engineered data systems to support analytical needs using Google Cloud Platform like Big Query, Pub Sub, Dataflow/Apache Beam, BigTable, Cloud Functions, Cloud Composer, etc.
- Work with QA and Business team to ensure accuracy of data and automate data validation steps
- Work with existing data engineering support/development teams on solutions discussion, implement complex design solutions, perform code reviews, and actively participate in Scrum meetings to track delivery of the various initiatives.
Bring your VIBE:
- 6+ years of experience in any software design and development field
- 3+ years of experience in the data engineering field
- Hands-on experience in GCP cloud data implementation suite such as Big Query, Pub Sub, Data Flow/Apache Beam, Data Studio, Cloud Storage, Cloud Composer, Cloud Functions. Comparable skill sets in AWS data engineering space will be considered.
- Strong experience and understanding of very large-scale data architecture, solutioning, and operationalization of data warehouses, data lakes, and analytics platforms on GCP or any other cloud platform.
- Hands-on software development skills using Java, Python, and Go language
- Extensive hands-on experience working with data using SQL
- Strong understanding of Google Cloud architecture any other cloud platform.
- Data Governance and Data cataloging
- Experience in DevOps(CI/CD) pipeline facilitating automated deployment and testing
- Professional Cloud Data Engineer Certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Machine learning algorithms and tools is a plus
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to clearly present ideas, concepts, and solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or closely related discipline
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.