Network Implementation Engineer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG is currently seeking an eager and exceptional individual to join our Network Build Team. We are insourcing major aspects of our Network and Data Centre Operations. The position will be responsible for technical ownership and delivery of network infrastructure projects and for infrastructure aspects of Application projects. Requires development and execution of migration plans to seamlessly move our existing network environment to the new modern network, extensive background driving outsource partners in project delivery and strong technical experience in enterprise networks.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Utilize technical skills to coordinate network enhancements and deployment efforts.
- Identify hardware, software, and external service cost estimates, resource requirements, project scope, and objectives.
- Develop and implement detailed migration plans
- Develop configurations for network and security equipment based on provided high-level designs.
- Physically install network and security equipment to support designs.
- Turnover implemented work to the operational support teams including the development of operational processes, as-built documentation, and training. Ensure network project documentation is complete and accurate.
- Review proposed solutions to ensure the delivery of a quality product or service
- Inform stakeholders of the strategy for deployment of new implementations, as well as the maintenance and upgrades of existing equipment.
- Confirm the alignment of customer expectations and implementation plans.
- Provide documentation and communication to peers and management for status, coordination, objectives, and performance.
- Work with service providers for the coordination, delivery, and testing of network circuits.
- Assess and troubleshoot, consult with vendors, and coordinate with other teams for problem resolution of build activities.
- Ensure compliance with incident, problem, and change management procedures and standards to ITIL standards
- Ensure project technical designs meet UMG’s operational requirements are in compliance with UMG infrastructure and security standards, attending project meetings as necessary
- The position will require travel and out of hours work to complete implementations as required
- Other tasks as deemed necessary or appropriate
Bring your VIBE:
- Experienced IT professional with 7+ years of overall experience and a minimum of 5 years as a Network Engineer.
- Experience in the design and delivery of customer-facing presentations (3 years minimum)
- Experience configuring and/or administering firewalls (Palo Alto preferred) (3 years minimum)
- Experience with Cisco Data Centre Technologies including N7K, N9K, and N2k (2-year minimum)
- Experience interpreting and implementing Network designs in both Greenfield and Brownfield deployments
- Cisco CCNP or greater in Route/Switch preferred
- Engineering level experience in 2 of the following: Routing & Switching, Virtualization, Security, Storage, or Voice.
- Proficiency in Firewall configuration and rule creation with Palo Alto firewalls in large scale environments. PCNSA and Panorama experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of IP network protocols including BGP and OSPF
- Network security experience with IPSEC, VPN, Cisco ISE, SSL Data Acceleration, and optimization
- Proficiency in MLPS, MPLS VPN, WLAN, and VRF-Lite. Knowledge of SD-WAN is a plus
- Proficiency in VoIP technologies
- Ability to create migration plans with minimal disruption to existing network
- Knowledge of scripting and automation technologies (Python, REST APIs, Ansible, Terraform, etc) as applied to Cisco environments
- Knowledge of network technologies utilized in hybrid cloud infrastructures, experience in AWS & GCP a plus
- Solid written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- BA or BS degree in an IT-related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an E-Verify employer.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish