Audience Development Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are looking for an Audience Development Manager who will manage the development, implementation, and optimization of the audience growth strategy for Universal Music Group’s Nashville-based labels and artists. The ideal person for this position is analytical, marketing and data-savvy, creative, communicative, and a music-consumer mindset.
This person is primarily responsible for the design and optimization of best-in-class audience development programs, including automation and personalization of direct-to-fan experiences; ensuring that the Nashville-based UMG labels and artists deliver the right message, in the right channel, to the right fan, at the right time.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Leverage audience insights and data to develop best-in-class audience acquisition and engagement programs that are multi-channel, personalized and automated.
- Develop customer segmentation and promotional strategies to ensure optimum customer experience is balanced alongside meeting campaign and strategic goals.
- Execute & optimize multi-channel marketing strategies supporting artist releases, tours, videos, eCommerce and other campaigns enabling “always-on” communications (including re-engagement, lifecycle and retention campaigns)
- Work with labels to manage the fan communication workflow including the development of the campaign content calendar, assets gathering, obtaining approvals for proper campaign execution and quality assurance.
- Provide thought leadership and act as the trusted and knowledgeable music audience expert embedded in the label.
- Create and deliver high-quality targeted and personalized messages and offers to audience segments leveraging transactional and behavioral data through key channels including email, mobile, social bots, etc.
- Collaborate with various teams (technical, legal, marketing, product) to enhance tools, data, and practices that improve quality and/or effectiveness of audience development programs
- Build online acquisition programs for email, sweepstakes, in-venue, and misc digital campaigns
- Ensure all direct-messaging campaigns comply with current industry best practices, as well as, staying abreast of data privacy regulations.
- Deliver regular and frequent analysis of audience development efforts, while making actionable recommendations for improvement and implementing them.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years of experience in CRM, audience development, digital marketing, or related roles
- Working knowledge of CDP, CRM platforms; Dotdigital, Lytics, and Return Path a plus
- Experience managing complex CRM/messaging programs across different brands/audiences, CRM agency experience a plus
- Comfortable with interpreting data and handling large consumer data sets
- Proven ability in synthesizing and interpreting data and customer insights and transform into successful marketing strategies and programs
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Multi-tasker; able to track and self-project manage competing priorities while meeting with extremely tight deadlines
- Superior problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Expertise in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign)
- Working knowledge of data privacy regulations such as COPPA and GDPR
- A proven data-driven, creative, strategic thinker who knows how to grow a business by employing marketing and site strategies that improve customer loyalty, engagement, and conversion
- They also have hands-on experience working collaboratively across teams in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.