Commercial Data Analyst
COMMERCIAL DATA ANALYST
We are Universal Music Australia (UMA), Part of The Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Australia is looking to appoint a Commercial Data Specialist.
The purpose of this role is to develop and share actionable platform, audience, content and market insights for Universal content to labels, creatives, content and optimisation teams, locally and Internationally.
This includes the consolidation and visualisation of multiple data sources including consumption data from subscriptions and streaming platforms, socials and sales data.
This role will work closely with artist and audience development managers, data, content and platform optimisers, and media managers to ensure data insights are at the forefront of decision making.
Identify, develop, drive and deliver ad-hoc analysis to drive business value with a focus on:
- Commercial opportunities and levers on and across all digital platforms and it’s users
- Identify international market opportunities and focus within these markets for our domestic artists
- Channel performance (eg. playlist & radio)
- Track performance and key metrics
- SQL coding (Preferably Bigquery)
- Data Visualization (Domo)
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of pitching presentations as directed by media managers
- Develop and maintain self-serve reporting tools.
- EMI & UMA Marketing Teams: Liaise directly with marketing teams for ad-hoc analysis projects
- Digital Optimizers: Work directly with Digital Optimizer team to identify and maximise opportunities across all relevant channels
- Media Managers: Support the team providing streaming and social data to allow them to better understand priority tracks and the pitching process
- Marketing: Assist the Digital Marketing team (FUSED) with their analytical requirements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Commercial strategic thinker capable of presenting to all levels
- A working understanding of data analytics principles
- A strong knowledge of analytical programming
- Experience in drawing actionable insights and formulating recommendations from data
- Knowledge of mathematical and statistical techniques
- The ability to drive change and innovate within a data driven environment
We are passionate people with smart ideas and work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences and keep the world listening.
If you love this space, think you have what it takes, come help make a difference, we would like to hear from you.