Coordinator, North America Income Tracking & Analytics
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Publishing (UMPG) is looking for a motivated person to work as part of the North America Income Tracking & Analytics team. Income Tracking & Analytics service countless internal and external clients with a focus on analyzing revenue collections and ensuring all uses of UMPG’s catalog are monetized appropriately. This position reports into the Senior Manager, North America Tracking & Analytics and will perform various tasks across numerous projects and processes within the administration team.
How you’ll CREATE:
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
- Assist with the analysis of income and royalty trends from streaming sources, record labels, performing rights organizations, and other income streams in the U.S. and Canada.
- Ensure royalty accountings are reported accurately, timely, and in compliance with agreements and expectations.
- Serve other departments within UMPG, such as Royalties, Film & Television, Finance, Copyright, and Business Affairs.
- Respond to queries and provide customer service to internal and external parties who have questions about royalties exploited in the U.S and Canada.
- Provide support to other UMPG offices around the world as they service the North America catalog in their local territories.
- Collaborate with Global Tracking and Analytics department regarding North America tracking issues and best practices.
- Correspond with outside sources regarding outstanding royalties due.
- Build custom source earnings reports as needed.
- Assist with ISRC matching and data clean-up.
- Assist with ad hoc requests/projects.
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed in response to changing business requirements
Bring your VIBE:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data.
- Knowledge of music publishing royalties, copyright economics, and industry accounting principles.
- Ability to interpret data, make conclusions, and represent data creatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- General knowledge of music publishing and/or royalties or background in financial analysis
- Four-year college degree.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish