Administrative Assistant, People, Inclusion & Culture
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How you'll LEAD:
Our commitment to innovation extends to our first-class People, Inclusion & Culture team, which is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant, People Inclusion & Culture to support two VP, People Business Partners. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced team focused on providing best in class service to the top music company in the industry. This position is ideal for a highly motivated individual who is strongly committed to customer service and pursuing a career in People Inclusion & Culture in a creatively driven industry.
How you'll CREATE:
- Serve as administrative assistant for two VP, People Business Partners (VP, PBPs)
- Perform administrative tasks including managing calendars, scheduling team meetings, processing expenses, preparing documents/reports, scheduling travel, etc.
- Serve as point of contact between People Business Partner team and Centers of Excellence (COE) and share priorities/initiatives in the COEs with the PBP team to improve interdepartmental communication flow and alignment
- Responsible for ensuring the VP, PBPs have appropriate preparation for team meetings such as agenda creation, appropriate materials beforehand, coordinate guest speakers, IT needs, etc.
- Serve as “meeting MC” by keeping the meeting on the agenda, on time, and by encouraging staff engagement
- Establish strong working relationships with other key administrative staff
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of leaders, key executives, employees and important contacts
- At times responsible for maintaining meeting minutes and disseminating critical information for meeting attendees
- Draft and handle internal/external communication on behalf of VP, PBPs
- Serve as the utmost professional in all interactions via phone, zoom and/or in person,
- Support People Business Partner team in day-to-day administrative tasks and projects, answering tier-one employee questions with a focus on customer service and maintaining a positive attitude
- Help keep VP, PBPs organized and on track with projects, priorities, and initiatives
- Ad hoc projects – i.e. build PowerPoint presentations, create Excel spreadsheets, lead the collection and coordination of materials for special projects/create Share Point sites, etc.
How you'll VIBE:
- 2-4 years of experience as an administrative assistant, HR experience a plus.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to confidentiality
- Maintain the highest level of customer service, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Detail oriented, excellent follow-through skills, and the ability to anticipate needs proactively
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Respond to employee inquiries and requests swiftly and with tact
- Proactive, bright, and innovative individual who is business savvy and demonstrates good judgment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Regularly applies critical thinking to understanding and resolving issues
- Demonstrate flexibility and able to pivot and be agile in the context of a fluid business
- Ability to successfully balance work priorities across multiple business units
- Team-oriented attitude balanced with ability to work effectively independently
- General knowledge of HRSS processes and systems
- HRIS experience a plus, Workday preferred
- General knowledge of HR-related legal issues, policies and regulations a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and/or Visio experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.