Data Process Analyst
Job title: Data & Process Analyst
Responsible to: Director, Metadata Operations
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square
Main Purpose of Role:
This role will work closely with our Metadata team in providing support for the continued development and improvement of our tools and processes in the pursuit of global label copy data excellence and compliance
- Workflow tool: The successful candidate will work with our LA based team to develop and implement enhancements to our workflow tool (Service Now) for the metadata support team and assist in the analysis of the metrics gathered by that tool to identify opportunities for training and improvement.
- Data Loading: To provide assistance in analysing and mapping third party data outputs to our label copy input schema with the use of ETL tools.
- Ad Hoc Reporting: To provide reporting from various data sources to assist in project-based work as well as servicing requests from the business for information. An ability to grasp the business context of the data is critical.
- Data Cleansing – to provide assistance in data prepping for our various data cleansing activities.
- Access: To assist in ensuring access to our repertoire systems for new users is administered and audited correctly.
- Visualisation – to work with the business and IT teams in developing and delivering visualisation tools to enhance our current business practices.
- Propose innovative technical solutions to the identified problem domains.
- Strong, effective communication skills.
- Ability to quickly understand complex business problems.
- Ability to quickly learn new, emerging technologies and envisage their use within UMG’s business.
- Experience of Agile development methodology.
- Programming (R or Python desirable).
- Database design.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Generation of graphical output.
- Experience within the music industry.
- Experience of Service Now.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Full-stack developer.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.