UK Royalty Manager
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Lead and deliver an efficient World class UK Royalty service with full alignment to the Global Administration organisation’s strategy and standards. You will have the ability to suggest, develop and implement new processes in addition to having input into UMPG’s ongoing tech developments. Relationships and communication are key; the Royalty Manager will be highly effective in forming cross functional relationships within the UK operating company and within the wider global organisation. The Royalty Manager will also oversee and maintain the client servicing arm of the royalty team.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Production of Client & Management Service Packs
- Prepare KPI management packs.
- Reconciliation of outgoing Payments and Statements.
- Delivery of incoming statements to the Global Royalty dept.
- Client royalty statement review.
- Suspense and Error Calculation review.
- Transaction reconciliation process
- Manage the quarterly Royalty Closes and associated payment timetable.
- Manage and review the maintenance and delivery of the Control Environment.
- Oversee client royalty audits.
- Lead and develop the UK Royalty Department
- Oversee and develop the Royalty processes, with support from the Assistant Manager, Client Services and Royalties
- Work collaboratively with the UK Copyright function.
- Provide business support to the Head of UK Administration
- Proven track record of delivering Royalty processes at a managerial level
- Ability to manage multiple workflows and effectively prioritise in a deadline driven environment
- Proven leadership experience
- Motivated and open to change with ability to bring new and practical ideas
- Experienced at creating and building workflows, project plans, setting goals and meeting targets
- Experienced at effectively monitoring and managing performance issues and managing up
- Effective communication: A strong ability to provide concise, informed administration reporting and narratives to senior management, clients and their representatives as well as team members with various levels of experience
- Demonstrable track record of training, coaching and mentoring staff across all administration disciplines
- Advanced Excel working with large data sets and the ability to transfer system skills to UMPGs bespoke platforms
- Experience working at a music publisher
- Experience of client royalty audits
- Exposure to the SAP system
- Exposure to SOX requirements
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.