Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast, and corporate clients.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Publishing Group is looking for a dynamic Administrative Assistant to support the SVP of Advertising Music for Advertising and the team. The ideal candidate will be an organized, detail-oriented person, who can easily handle the assistant duties listed below, as well as someone who can take on more responsibilities as they get established in the role. This will be a great opportunity for someone who can handle the day-to-day workload and will also be motivated to identify ways to contribute to the department.
The person in this role will have a strong passion for music, with a broad knowledge of both US-based and international artists from The Eagles, Billy Joel, Paul Simon, and Pearl Jam, to Empire of the Sun, Imagine Dragons, Crystal Fighters, Bastille, etc.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Answering phones for the department
- Managing and maintaining an up-to-date list of contacts in Outlook as well as Excel
- Coordinating e-samplers for clients
- Crafting write-ups about songs and artists for e-blasts, samplers, newsletters, etc.
- Coordinating UMPG live show schedules, putting together show invitations for our clients, and managing guest list/tickets
- Scheduling travel and handling expense reports for the team
- Listening to and organizing incoming global UMPG music
- Locating and identifying potential clients at ad agencies, production/editing houses, music supervisors, etc.
- Entering new music and license details into a global database
- Following blogs and news articles to make sure we are up-to-date on UMPG artist/writer activities
Bring your VIBE:
- Basic computer skills required (Word, Excel, Online research, Social Media)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail required
- Past experience in the music industry via internships or entry-level positions
- College degree preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer