Digital Release Support Manager (12 Month Maternity Cover)
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
UMG’s Digital Operations team globally facilitates the setup and delivery of digital products to Universal’s commercial digital business partners. The team works closely with, and supports, UMG’s labels to ensure the timely delivery of metadata and assets using global digital supply chain systems and processes. The focus of this role is to work with the EMEA Operating Companies and labels to ensure they are aware of the relevant processes, timelines and best practices that facilitate the successful delivery of content to digital business partners.
The Digital Release Support Manager will work with EMEA labels and territories, to ensure the timely availability of label product on digital retail stores globally; this individual will monitor from setup to delivery, investigate and resolve product issues ideally before delivery to Business Partners and where necessary, facilitate, track or fix issues in UMG’s global systems. The individual must be capable of assessing and understanding issues and prioritising their resolution, as well as feeding back information to the label appropriately.
A key objective of the role will be to ensure that the digital products delivered to business partners meet a high quality (data and assets) consistently; as such, the individual is the key point of contact for internal company stakeholders regarding any issues pertaining to setup and delivery of digital releases.
The individual will help to identify knowledge gaps, train and advise labels and territories on global digital release management, monitor source system due diligence and best practice and where applicable communicate changes to support new requirements to the Digital Ops and tech teams to enhance global systems.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Run and analyse any relevant reporting / KPI’s and feedback to Digital Operations on label / territory performance, helping to identify areas for improvement.
- End-to-end priority release monitoring of digital products through the supply chain systems and processes until delivery to digital business partners.
- Awareness of new developments in the global supply chain, and to work with Digital Ops Training and Communications to ensure EMEA label Production staff are fully briefed when new features are launched.
- Ability to instil best practise with digital release management within the labels and territories, ensuring that product setup is optimum and to question with confidence where necessary. Ensure any relevant product takedowns are executed accordingly for catalogue management.
- Manage the timely resolution of Apple requests and iTunes tickets in line with label and territory wishes where Apple specifications are adhered to. Ensure that any urgent, ongoing issues are passed over to US/APAC counterparts at close of business and that tickets which contradict the Apple specification are properly escalated internally.
- Raise, prioritise and track any issues with Universal’s chosen issue tracking software and Service team.
- Key contact for EMEA labels & designated territories for thorough guidance with digital product set up and delivery to business partners globally.
- Able to confidently assist the labels with global release plan execution, including thorough knowledge of all Universal markets and related digital product requirements and processes.
- Helping the label troubleshoot their digital releases, and to proactively identify any potential issues in advance of product entry into the global supply chain.
- To have a thorough knowledge of UMG’s global business partners and how they operate, and to be able to guide product set up by the labels accordingly.
- Communication and resolution of missing or incorrect data and assets, as well as change management of data and assets accordingly.
- Attend all relevant Digital Operations meetings, ensuring collaboration and key learnings are shared throughout the group and in turn passed back into the labels.
- Provide technical and “best practice” expertise regarding UMG’s global digital supply chain processes and systems and be able to communicate these to the appropriate audience.
- Support business critical issue resolution for key products, as well as timed releases, outside of core business hours if necessary.
- Escalate any issues to Director, Digital Operations EMEA appropriately.
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills.
- Experience working in digital supply chain and /or digital production / operations.
- Knowledge of key digital formats and digital distribution systems.
- Knowledge of the global music market and key global partners.
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to manage key data across multiple systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, often regarding complex issues with people at all levels.
- Experience working with high profile digital projects and senior management.
- Good IT skills: Microsoft Office Excel proficiency would be an advantage.
- Solutions and results driven, conscientious, with a desire to see a job through to conclusion.
- Ability to identify improvements to current working methods and systems and implement change.
- Adaptability to manage work where necessary outside of office hours.
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree level.
- Track record within a digital operational position.
- Good overall understanding of different roles throughout a recording company.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.