Product Manager, Pop
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD:
Geffen is currently seeking an eager and exceptional Product Manager who will be responsible for promoting Pop artists through creative and innovative marketing strategies. The Product Manager serves as a communication link between Geffen, label partners, managers, agents and others; communicating marketing initiatives, best practices and priorities for a given project. This role is also the internal central hub of communication, quarterbacking the collective efforts of the larger team.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work closely with artists and their representatives to define marketing objectives and oversee campaign execution
- Be a creative visionary, driving progressive marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team
- Collaborate with and drive marketing efforts across all departments, including but not limited to social, PR, CRM, radio and commercial
- Develop innovative campaigns that engage fans utilizing pre-existing social platforms and new technologies.
- Understand and have thorough knowledge of Pop music sector with experience of promoter circuit, Pop charts, digital and social media platforms, and grassroots marketing.
- Manage the conception, communication and execution of consumer products and other marketing strategies
- Work with project team in pushing the campaign forward and be actively involved in all aspects of the work in a marketing capacity.
- Build, maintain and assess external marketing partnerships
- Account for project and campaign marketing budgets relating to marketing activity
- Consistently identify artist needs and ensure approaches and ensure solutions are linked to artist objectives
- Actively monitor project risks, identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Communicate and document project status, including progress in each function.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5-7+ years of experience in music marketing
- Pop/Rock music genre knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operating effectively in a high-pressured environment
- Strong knowledge of the digital marketplace for music consumption
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, audience engagement and analytics
- Advertising / media planning experience
- Proven ability to build and manage marketing partnerships
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Needs to be a creative but strategic marketer who is driven by innovation
- Passionate music fan
- Proven strong leadership skills
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.