Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers, and community service.
How we LEAD:
Responsible for delivering to the label artists and records that compete at the highest level through guiding the creative and development process for assigned CCMG artists. Deliver hit songs that maintain Capitol CMG as market leader and continue to advance our artists to the highest standard of excellence, competitive with modern commercial recordings in the music industry.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Monitor the recording process to best ensure timely delivery, on budget recordings, artist satisfaction and commercial viability
- Constantly look for new artists that will appropriately fit within Capitol CMG’s current roster, while standing out as unique and individual and maintaining Capitol CMG Label Group’s philosophy and criteria for new artists
- Maintain a professional, consistent, ethical style of operation, operating with integrity within our company, the creative community and with our artists
- Meet and correspond with potential and existing artists to establish trusted relationships in order to discuss musical and personal vision as well as goals and calling
- Attend regular A&R, staff, scheduling, promotions, marketing, and creative meetings to ensure strong communication with the entire label team
- Manage budgetary items effectively and efficiently, to ensure company assets are utilized in accordance with Universal Music Group policy and are aligned with the Capitol CMG and Divisional Strategic Plan
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of Label Group release schedule and all associated deadlines
- Collaborate with A&R team to hire the appropriate mastering engineer on each project, collect all pertinent feedback from artists and producers, and ensure the highest possible sonic quality delivery
- Assist A&R Administration in securing lyrics, writer splits, musician credits and all other necessary label copy for each recording
- Manage recording process of each artist project according to label deadlines and within label pre-determined budget through mastering and delivery to label and marketing teams
- Maintain strong relationships with producers, songwriters and other creatives while constantly developing new contacts to expand our record production talent pool
- Maintain awareness and understanding of modern musical, cultural, technological and production trends to keep our artists, their songs and their production values relevant
- Maintain strong relationships with managers, radio programmers, promoters, and commercial partners to stay in the loop on new and emerging artists
- As directed and approved accompany artists on tour dates and appearances for the purpose of encouragement, maintaining healthy relationships, awareness, performance critique and development
- Provide representation at showcases, competitions and other industry events where new artists are performing and be available to speak at or judge performances at these events when appropriate
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- An understanding of
- The Christian music industry
- The process of song writing
- General knowledge of studio production
- Music industry and cultural trends
- Record consumption data and the ability to scout using various social networking sites
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Strong relational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Requires occasional travel
- College degree preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish