Manager, International eCommerce (Republic)
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG eCommerce is looking for an International eCommerce Manager to lead coordination between our US label and international markets. This person will liaise with global territories to execute campaigns on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world, sitting on a cross-functional team dedicated to supporting Republic Records’ eCommerce stores. They will work closely with stakeholders across label and eCommerce teams, both domestically and abroad, and to oversee global rollouts to deliver amazing experiences to both the fans and our artists.
How you’ll CREATE :
- Coordinate and project manage campaign activity with international markets across strategy, creative, operational, marketing and customer engagement to drive artist and label eCommerce goals.
- Act as international lead for the Republic eCommerce team, maintaining a deep understanding of international territory requirements.
- Work collaboratively with Republic, merchandise rights holders, and international markets to activate eCommerce campaigns.
- Be the US ‘project lead’ for approval of international store launches. Will include being available as a resource for markets in non-European time zones, if required for a given campaign.
- Manage projects with the international teams to ensure local participation in market-specific strategy and content in support of and in alignment with global campaigns.
- Ensure internationally-led campaigns for Republic artists are supported through localized US stores and executed according to plan, in alignment with the repertoire owner.
- Drive implementation and adherence to timelines, templates and best practice in order to ensure successful international launches.
- Work with appropriate partners to ensure product pricing is approved for international releases prior to launch.
- Work with the insights and advanced analytics teams to leverage historic and audience data to inform participation and market-specific strategy.
- Provide Republic with real-time insights and reporting on ex-US eCommerce performance across campaigns, including post-campaign analysis and wrap-up reports.
- Work hand in hand with teammates across artist engagement, creative planning, customer activation & retention, store management, operations & customer service to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and artists.
Bring your VIBE:
- 3-4+ years’ experience managing global music or entertainment campaigns.
- 1-2+ years managing international programs or working directly with international markets.
- Knowledge and appreciation for differences across world regions and key music markets.
- Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
- Exceptional verbal and written abilities — communication skills are essential (both internally and externally).
- Availability and willingness to take calls before and after hours to accommodate international teams.
- Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail; must be extremely detail oriented.
- Self-starter attitude capable of owning important responsibilities and seeing them through to completion with little oversight.
- Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS.
- Strong passion for the music industry required. Experience in the music industry, particularly within a label, is a major plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.