Operations Center Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking an experienced Operations Center manager to operate the UMG IT Operations Center. Utilizing best practices and an ITIL approach, the Operations Center provides 24x7 support of the UMG Global IT infrastructure. This includes day-to-day operations, monitoring, and maintenance of all network components, including circuits, unified communications resources, server hardware and software, and cloud resources. You will think quickly on your feet and develop processes to ensure a continuous high level of service is met. It requires taking an active role in guiding the team to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately in the pursuit of supporting our clients. As a manager in this role, you must be proactive and forward-thinking, always working to ensure that we are providing best in class service and constantly working to identify gaps in both vision and execution, putting plans in place to quickly fill these gaps.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Lead the day to day operation of the 24x7 Operations Center to ensure the infrastructure availability and performance are within agreed service levels. Includes the implementation of monitoring technology, recruitment and development of staff, and continued development and improvement of daily operating processes utilizing an ITIL approach.
- Manage major incidents, to ensure that these are diagnosed and escalated to appropriate levels
- Co-ordinate with Service Desk and affected teams in the identification and resolution of major incidents
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of Service Level Objectives (SLO's) and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with UMG Business Units, other IT groups, and vendors as appropriate. This includes measuring and reporting on these SLA's and SLO’s on a regular and scheduled basis.
- Manage reliability, availability, and performance at the end-user, hardware, and vendor levels. Report to management on a monthly basis the status and trends, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provide performance analysis, usage trends and any other feedback to the Business Units for use in capacity planning and network design.
- Participate in the back-up, recovery and problem resolution plan for the infrastructure throughout UMG. This includes the development, testing and ongoing updating of a disaster recovery plan for the Operations Center, with significant input to the overall disaster recovery plan for all UMG Networks.
- Manage the work effort, development and career paths of Operations Center staff on a continuing basis. Proactively develop processes, documentation, and automation to make the team more effective over time.
- Ensure Capacity Planning, Asset Management, and Availability Management best practices are developed and implemented through the team and become part of the culture.
Bring your VIBE:
- A minimum of twelve years of experience in the computer industry with at least six years directly working in an IT management position with similar responsibilities. Core competency in NOC management is required including a proven leadership ability with a track record of influencing positive change.
- Thorough knowledge of IT operations, information technology best practices, and industry trends.
- Professional ITIL based problem-solving approach that includes root cause analysis, corrective action, and buy-in
- Proven experience in supporting mission-critical applications on a global scale a plus
- Proven ability to work effectively within and across diverse global teams, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships.
- International experience is beneficial. Additional languages are a plus.
- BA or BS degree in an IT related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience required
- Cisco Certification preferred (CCNA minimally in Routing and Switching, Cloud, Data Center).
- Cloud certification with AWS, Azure, and/or GCP highly desired
- ITIL Certification strongly desired.
- Ability to assess faults, prioritize, respond and escalate accordingly
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills for himself and his team
- Ability to work on own initiative and actively seeks ways of improving existing systems & processes
- Customer service driven/focused with a proactive and positive can-do approach. Demonstrates commitment to organization's policy framework and practices continuous improvement.
- Ability and experience operating confidently and calmly in an emergency response environment with flexibility and strong execution
- Working knowledge, understanding, and ability to maintain basic proficiency of the following:
- Network infrastructure (WAN, MAN, LAN, Wifi, QoS for Data, Voice, and Video)
- Network protocols (IP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, IPSec, etc)
- MPLS / VPN / Hybrid WAN / Metro Networks / leased lines
- Network Hardware (Cisco routers and switches, Palo Alto firewalls)
- VOIP and Collaboration Systems (Skype for Business, Avaya)
- Remote Access solutions (client VPN, small office VPN, business to business VPN)
- Network security (firewalls and security monitoring)
- Network connectivity to Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Network performance analysis and reporting
- Incident, Change, and Problem Management processes within an ITIL based framework.
- Identity Management (Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, 2 Factor Auth, TACACS, Cisco ACS, Radius, PEAP)
- Microsoft Networking, public and private DNS, DHCP.
- Network monitoring and troubleshooting (PRTG, Nagios, MRTG, Netflow, SNMP, Wireshark, Riverbed ATX)
- Operating systems: Microsoft (Server and Desktop), Mac OS X, Linux
- Disaster Recovery
- Root Cause Analysis
- Excellent time management and organization.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.