At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all of the labels and artists we work with.
How we LEAD:
Excellent opportunity for an experienced individual to join our dynamic sync/publishing team; contributing equally to both the administration and creative responsibilities of the job.
The Licensing Administrator is a cross-functional role and responsible for the bulk of the administrative duties for the Sync and Publishing Team. Additionally, the position will work creatively alongside the Sync Manager by curating, pitching and managing the Ingrooves catalog.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Curating and Pitching Music from the Ingrooves catalog for Incoming Requests
- Handle quote requests, fee negotiations and confirmation of use
- Handle Sync Licensing process including drafting of licensing agreement
- Manage the sync invoice process with UMG
- Inside sales and outreach – curating samplers/playlists for targeted productions/films/tv shows
- Track overall sync quote and license progress through issuing, signature and receiving payment and the conclusion of license deals with Licensing, Finance and Legal Teams
- Cultivate relationships with Ingrooves labels, artists and writers to maintain communication and obtain advance music assets, instrumentals and help manage all music by maintaining and updating databases (DISCO).
- Manage maintain the upload, ingesting, metadata tagging, creative tagging of musical assets into our DISCO platform
- Track label or publisher status and new signings and maintain all licensing related spreadsheets and Music Maestro (deals, rights, inventory/finance).
- Create newsletter and email blasts for music priorities, new releases, label releases, show information
- Update and communicate sync placements and success to the Ingrooves team internally and externally to Labels and rights holders.
- Provide general support for sync team while working closely with the Rights & Royalties Department to maintain streamlined processes across multiple departments
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum of 2-3 years creative experience curating & pitching music to music supervisors (required)
- Knowledge of basic music theory, and experience working with composers, artists, and songwriters (preferred)
- Experience with using the DISCO platform & Music Maestro
- Strong knowledge of writer splits, publishing splits, PRO’s, Mechanical societies as it relates to synchronization.
- Proficiency with the MS-Office Suite, particularly, outstanding Excel skills (e.g. Nested Functions, V-Lookups, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Extremely detail oriented, excellent planning and execution skills with a proven ability to establish and meet impactful goals and objectives
- Ability to interact with all levels of management while working in a tight team dynamic.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deal with tight deadlines while being able to easily pivot between administrative and creative tasks.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer