We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world
Work closely with Head of Departments and members of various departments.
Oversee all plan, forecast, reporting and analysis matters for Malaysia, Singapore and Indochina.
About this role:
- Prepare monthly financial reports and explain variances against plan, forecast and prior year.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/yearly business review reports.
- Prepare plan and forecast, work with other departments to build and review assumptions.
- Prepare Artist P&L and repertoire P&Ls.
- Work closely with Marketing and A&R team to ensure that the team are effectively controlling/managing their expenses against forecast/plan.
- Review and analyze Artist signing and NB deal P&Ls to ensure that assumptions are reasonable.
- Prepare monthly royalty reconciliations and regional//global reports.
- Effectively utilize excel and powerpoint functions and information from various data platforms within the Universal network to reduce time spent to prepare routine reports.
- Work closely with the shared service center to drive consistent work deliverables at the highest quality.
- Support the Direct Supervisor on ad-hoc projects.
- Qualification: Degree in Accounting, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience. Prior FP&A experience is a must. Accounting/Full set of accounts experience is a plus but not mandatory.
- Skills requirement:
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Strong excel and system skills; prior experience with HFM is an added advantage but not mandatory.
- Someone with an inquisitive mind set and is proactive
- Attention to details
- Good organization skills
- Fast learner
- Language: Good command of English, BM.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.