Junior Developer / Digital Marketing Coordinator
Job title: Junior Developer / Digital Marketing Coordinator
Responsible to: Director, Digital Marketing Innovation
Department: Global Marketing, Digital Innovation
Location of work:4 Pancras Square
Universal Music Group is seeking a Junior Developer / Digital Marketing Coordinator, who will support the Director, Digital Marketing Innovation in development and execution of all related activities. We are looking for a talented self-motivated individual with a flair for digital innovation and tech. You will be joining a team of global digital marketing professionals who are passionate about delivering out of the box initiatives.
The Junior Developer / Digital Marketing Coordinator's primary responsibility will be to support the marketing team to develop innovative marketing initiatives and digital tools that can be scaled across our client’s organization, as well as global digital marketing artists campaigns.
- Assist in creating digital campaigns for artists from concept to execution using knowledge of digital marketing platforms.
- Responsible for contributing innovative marketing concepts for the internal tool box; suggest improvements in new media & digital marketing where appropriate.
- Coordinate with external agencies and UK based developers; manage expectations and timelines for deliverables.
- Will own digital campaigns for UK, US and Global based label artists from build out to execution.
- Responsible for monitoring & analyzing campaign results; report learning to media team & stakeholders.
- Actively participate in creative brainstorm sessions related to social media platforms and artist campaigns.
- Interact with artist management, sub-labels and label marketing managers to present ideas and results related to campaigns.
Required Experience & Skills:
- High proficiency in web technology, web development and web design.
- Advanced programming knowledge a bonus.
- Thorough understanding of digital landscape (social media, digital marketing platforms, influencers etc.)
- Forward-thinker, self-motivated individual comfortable working in start-up environment.
- Advanced graphic design skills on Adobe Photoshop. Video editing skills on Adobe Premier Pro or similar software a plus.
- Good working knowledge of design, a sense and experience of contemporary styles and trends.
- Experience with 2D/3D animation and 3D software, a plus.
- Good working knowledge of mobile digital landscapes, a plus.
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Track record of managing multiple and concurrent tasks/projects; multitask and prioritize to adhere to tight deadlines, experience in coordinating with various different teams and skillsets.
- Enthusiastic & positive approach to working with ambiguity; can work well independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Passionate about music, digital world, tech and innovation!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Design, Multimedia Technology or related field.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.