Manager, Human Resources (Bilingual -English/Spanish)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking a Manager, Human Resources, to provide regional support to Universal Music Latin America (UMLA). The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal client support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement for the region (Latin America and Iberian Peninsula). The Manager, Human Resources will interpret and advise on policy and procedure, as well as consult on employee programs initiatives, talent development, employee relations, staffing, compensation, employee relations, performance management, development, and employee programs.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Build, develop and maintain strong collaborative working relationships with management, the HR teams in Opcos of Latin America & Iberian Peninsula, and with Corporate teams.
- Oversee and facilitate the implementation of key regional and global HR initiatives, projects, programs, and events in the region
- Ensure alignment among individual, business unit, and corporate practices and serve as a credible activist, operational executor.
- Develop an understanding of the countries’ (Latin America & Iberian Peninsula) business –departments, jobs, structure, processes, financials
- Manage a process-driven workload and transactional responsibilities
- Promote positive employee relations and communication by counseling employees and proactively facilitating good employee relations and best practices.
- Partner with the HR team in the region on talent assessment, organizational design, and learning and development initiatives.
- Ad hoc projects
Bring your VIBE:
- Understanding of, and experience with, all core areas of Human Resource Management
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
- Great team player, looks for opportunities to help the team achieve goals and deliverables
- Ability to think proactively and translate concepts into actionable items
- Demonstrated skill in managing and handling a variety of projects
- Excellent follow-through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
- Possess strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies
- Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to a high standard of professional conduct
- Minimum 5 years of prior Human Resources Generalist experience, with international exposure (Latin America Or Iberian Peninsula)
- Experience practicing HR in a creative industry (music, fashion, television, advertising, etc.); exposure in D&I are both a plus
- HRIS experience, Workday experience a plus
- Understanding of international labor laws and interest in keeping abreast of trends and updates in the HR industry as well as the music business
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Visio and/or Org Plus experience a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese. Proficiency in both languages a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.